cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

beverly2

Withdrawl

I have not smoked for 2 weeks. I do not want to smoke ever again. I am having anxiety and I get confused easily.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
rian-evans

my first quit.. i felt retarded .. hehe.. socially incapable of holding conversation at times.. uncomfortable.. and the same with every other quit.. to a certain degree.. it's normal to feel that way.. very normal.. and i think that anyone who quits will tell you something similar..

so... your spirit.. has resolved to quit.. .. give your body and mind some time to catch up : ) .. they'll get the picture.. once you stay to your plan. .. it passes with time. have faith.

my advice is to feel whatever you have 2 .. 2 quit.. if you gota shake up a few feathers.. .. or excuse yourself from a conversation early.. no bigie.. and so be it.. it's more important to be alive. and quiting is allowing that..

it's all part of your path to/through sobriety. .. love it. it passes.. you'll be okay.
0 Kudos
gail-sims

Hi, Get you a couple of good books and read. That will help you get your mind on something else. And ask the Lord to help you. He will if you ask. But you must ask. But the reading helped me. So get some good books. What ever you like romance, mistery, what ever you like.. It will help I promise. Gail Sims
0 Kudos

Thank you for resonding to me. i'm really excited to have found this. I will be going to a meeting tonight and will pick up my one week chip. I am especially having a hard time because my husband still smokes.
0 Kudos

thank you for your support. My craving has passed. One of our slogans in NicA is "I'm a puff away from a pack aday. that helps, because one cigarette is too many and a thousand never enough.
0 Kudos

Keep up the good work! It does get easier. Remember to eat right, sleep as much as you can, and exercise. Before you know it, it will be a month!!!!
0 Kudos
melissa36

Hi, I am not even on my first complete week of quiting but I can fel your pain. I am not motivatied in the mornings and I am extremely confused.I used to be really good at multi-tasking at work and now i suck at it. I am sure this will pass (I sure do hope so) Keep up the good work 7 use some of the ideas posted on here, I am going to try a few.. Best of luck!
0 Kudos
antonia

where are these meeting you speak of maybe i have them, by my neck of the woods. i go to alalon. thanks
0 Kudos
patty3

I quit March 23rd and just now getting a little clarity my doctor said that is normal. Our brain is not used to so much oxygen. It can take a couple of months but just work through it, it gets better a little at a time.
0 Kudos
debbie-julian

Wow, very wow! Rian. I really got a lot out of what you just said. Thank you!
0 Kudos