Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies
Barbscloud

Good morning Cbhenley   Carson and welcome to the Ex.  There are other members that are here to quit vaping--nicotine is an addiction, not matter the source.  Educate yourself about nicotine addiction by reading on this site and create a quit plan. My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  I'm glad to see your making this choice so young before you suffer the health consequences that many do.  We're here to support you--so just reach out anytime.

If you "Post to My Blog" and introduce yourself to the community, you'll receive lots of support.

Barb

Hello, I'm Sarah. I'm 30, and really really want to quit smoking and can't afford medicine to help so I'm trying to do this instead. I have 3 boys, and they're my world! I want to quit for me, and for them!!!!! They deserve that from me. Thanks for the support and info so far.

Barbscloud

Welcome to the sarahraquel9090   Read material on this site to education yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  These two steps have made quitting possible for many.  We're here to support you--just reach out.

You may qualify for free NRT patches from your state 1-880-QUIT-NOW

I encourage to "Post to My Blog"   to introduce yourself to the community and receive lots of support.

You can do this one day at a time.

Barb

BarbaraMc

Hi Everyone! I'm Barbara and I started my journey on October 9, 2020.  I was a smoker for 35 years and I have tried many times in the past to quit and always failed after a couple of days, in the past I failed because I stopped trying. I would just go back to smoking and give up. This time I will succeed because I quit for myself and no other reason. I have been nicotine free for 80 days. I wish everyone all the best on your journey. Thank you for accepting me in to your group! Many blessing to you all!

Welcome Barbara. You’re actually ahead of me. My quit date is 11/5/20. I thought of quitting for a very long time but it took getting Covid to make me quit. I came here the day I quit. I couldn’t do it with the support I get here. Even just typing here helps to take my mind off smoking. When I get discouraged I read stories of how others did it and how even after they quit for years smoking related diseases can come and get you. One less cigarette is better than one more, a doctor told me years ago. Stay strong! 

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex Barbara.  Congrats on your 80 days of success.  If you haven't done so, read as much as you can on this site. Knowledge is power.  What I learned on this site and the support I received, resulted in my success quit after 50 years of smoking.  We're here to support you--just reach out if you need account.

Glad you found us.

Barb

TaracaX

Hello,

I am on day 4 and 18.5 hours into my quit. I love this place and want to get into journaling a bit more and on here. I have  realized it is all about your resolve to quit smoking and sticking to it no matter what and giving into the excuses when they hit you.

A bit about myself. I am a Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician and been for 21 years. I am also an entrepreneur with a DBA Taracia's Kustom Craft. I am 46 and am getting into bodybuilding. I want to get into tutoring with my website too.

Taracia

Linn2331

Hey my first day here! Day 8 of not smoking. 

arubablue

Hello, my name is Kim and will be starting this challenge January 1st

please help.  im so confused trying to figure out how to chat with you guys

Giulia

Welcome Kim!  There is no "chat" here per se.  We usually communicate with blogs or discussions.  Click on the pencil icon (upper right) and select one of those two, give it a title, write the body and click on post.  That way most people will see it.  Glad you've joined us.  READ - it's you're best weapon in defeating this addiction.  (It's a bad habit until you understand that it's actually an addiction.  At least that was one of my illuminating points of discovery.)

0 Kudos