Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies
mwilson0915

Thank you for the warm welcome @CommunityAdmin and all the Ex's.  My name is Peggy and I smoked for 40 years.  This is my 3rd time to quit, and it has been 30 days!  I feel great.  I was one of those that never wanted to quit - I loved smoking.  My husband is also a smoker (he is working on quitting).  I had a scare in June with some chest tightness and went to the doctor - they did all the tests and everything was fine except I had initial signs of COPD in my chest xray........well that was all I needed to hear.  She gave me a prescription for Chantix, which I had tried before unsuccessfully.  This time I did a few things differently, which I'm glad to share in another post and so far it has been much easier than I ever imagined.....still requires daily work but not nearly as hard as before.  I look forward to hearing others stories, having a place to connect and helping others where I can.  My avatar is our beautiful fur baby - BeBe (pronounced BEE BEE).  THANK YOU all for being here to support our community.  Its especially important during such difficult times.  Stay strong!

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex @mwilson0915  and congrats on 30 days.  I saw you're name on the Daily Pledge.  It's a great tool to stay quit one day at a time.

Many of us quit with that initial diagnosis of COPD.  Thank goodness we took it seriously.

Reach out anytime  We're here for you.

Barb

lbendy

Hi All, 

My name is Liam. I recently graduated from college, where I got caught up in the vaping craze back in 2017. I've managed to get over the oral fixation component of it, but I'm still on nicotine – been using Zyn for the past year or so. I'm damn ready to get this stuff out of my life for good!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@lbendy Welcome to the Ex Liam.   You can do this. Not matter what the source, it's still a nicotine addiction.   It takes some work on your part, but if you educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan with the tools you'll use and the new associations you'll create instead of using Zyn,  becoming an Ex is possible.   

Read everything you can on this site, pick a quit date and join us.  Have you given any thought to using an aid.  There are numerous options.  I used Welbutrin and nicotrol inhalers and was fortunate to find the Ex a week prior to my quit date.   Knowledge, preparation, and the support of others quitters led to success for me.   

We're here to support you every step of the way.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Barb

0 Kudos
aivlys

Thanks for the welcome! Day 4 and feeling the challenges, but very hopeful.

Moggyfan

Congrats on making one of the very best decisions of your life! It'll be a week before you know it 😉

0 Kudos
sprince8412

I’m a little late on introducing myself! Hi! I’m Sherry. Today is day 8 of my quit journey! This has to be the millionth time I’ve quit, but I intend for it to be the last! These last seven days have been challenging which was not a surprise, however, what was a surprise is how rewarding it has been! I’ve seen my body change and progress through my quit and experienced how strong my mind can be! While I journal the negative aspects as a reminder that I don’t want to do this again, I also focus on the positive aspects! 

Giulia

Hey Sherry.  Day 8 is pretty amazing.  Pat yourself on the back.  It sounds, from what you've said, as if you're on the right path this time.  Since you've been on this quit journey before, I'm assuming you've read lots of info on it.  If not, may I suggest you go to Best of EX and read through the material there.  There's great information to be had.  It's delightful to hear that some of your surprises are rewarding.  And you're right - every day we remain free is another day that tells us how strong our minds are.  So keep it up.  You're doing great!

Barbscloud

@sprince8412 Welcome and congrats again on your success.

Barb

mwilson0915

Congratulations Sherry!!   I kept a journal the first month and I re-read it this morning.  I love that you’re noticing the physical changes already.  That’s a great reminder that keeps me choosing not to pick up a cigarette.   You can do this!!!!