Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MargieV wrote:

Hi I'm Margie & have recently retired. I started smoking when I was 13 (late 1960's). Quit 12 years later when I got engaged. 20 years later, after the end of my marriage I was still a non smoker until I met my 2nd husband who was a smoker. He promised he would not smoke inside. But it got to me in the confines of our local hangout (bar) & I started by lighting his cigs. 10 years later he quit smoking & after multiple tries a friend suggested an ECIG. Now after 5 years & multiple tries I found this group. I have set my quit date for 6/21/21 & am so excited. I've been reading a lot here & have started my quit kit. Next is my good bye letter. I plan on the morning of my quit date to ceremoniously grab a shovel, go deep into our woods & bury all my vape paraphernalia. Say a prayer for my recovery & put a wad of bubble gum into my mouth. 

Did I say I was excited!!! 😂🙏👍🚭

Welcome @MargieV Glad you're here and are doing the recommended things. That's great. Keep with it and let us know about your progress.

EX Community Admin Team
GERimiah

Hello. You can call me Sam, trying to quit chewing tobacco for my daughter's sake. 

Sam
Anonymous
Not applicable

welcome to ex @GERimiah 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex  @GERimiah   If you haven't done so already, spend some time educating yourself about nicotine addiction.   Understanding how this addiction effects us on our quit journey is an important step to success.   And having plan in place with the tools you'll use and the new associations you'll create instead of smoking will keep on you on track.

We're here to support you.  Just reach out anytime.

Taking the Daily Pledge is a great way to keep you on track one day at a time.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Barb

Hi Sam, nice to meet you. My name is Jamie. Welcome to the group. 

Jamie☆
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,  I am back for around 2. I've finally broke the addiction of cigarettes,  but I'm using an e-cigarette.  I just went down to 2% today. Its been 3.5 weeks without a cig and I have no desire for it anymore. My quit date is July 4th and I'm sticking to that.  My health isn't great and I need to be here for my kids and grandbaby. Quitting nicotine all together is something I have control over. 

Jamie☆
MargieV

Boy this sounds just like me! My quit date is coming up on 6/21. Please keep me posted & I'll do the same with you! We can do this! So far I have gotten great info & support from this group. 

Barbscloud

@Thanks4listenin  Glad to hear you're still working on your quit.  Stick to your plan and July 4th will be a day to celebrate.

Barb

Giulia

Sounding good, Jamie.  July 4th - truly your independence day!  Keep lowering that nicotine level!  

Brandishae

That's an awesome quit date when you think about it like that!