Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome: Introduce Yourself!

If you're just joining EX, we'd love for you to get in the mix and tell us a little bit about you in a comment. Don't know what to say, tell us what you're up to right now. Then be sure to fill out your Community Profile and upload an avatar.

If you're more brave and...

...ready to start your Quit Journey and share more you can Journal about it.

...have a question, you can ask it in Support, Quitting Methods or Health Conditions.

...or jump into the Conversations or latest posts from across the site..

If you're not yet brave you can...

...learn about using the community on the FAQ Page.

...read the info on My EX Plan and Set a Quit Date.

...search the community site or search from search bar on many pages (works just like Google).

...complete your EX Profile and your Community Profile.

...read the Best of EX.

...browse others' quit journeys.‌

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
491 Replies
Murtine46

Thank you Barb I will reach out. I also have a good support system at home so I am aiming for success 

Rsan

Hello, I'm Rita.  Quit 9 days, still struggle....one at a time.  Is a bit better compared to the first 3-4 days.

Barbscloud

@Rsan Welcome to the Ex Rita and congrats on your 9 days smoke free.  I'm glad you found us. There is great support here to help with you quit.

Just reach out anytime you need encouragement.  We're here for you.

Barb

Donkeygirl23

Hi I’m Vickie and My quit date is June 4th. Im ready to take my life back!! Hi y’all 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Welcome our quit family, Vickie.  @Donkeygirl23   A blog that might help get you started down your smoke-free path:  Quitting is a Skill that CAN be Learned   There's a wealth of great material on this site that will help get you where you want to go.  You cannot read too much.   Glad you've joined us.  Cheers!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome Vicki @Donkeygirl23   Glad you found the Ex.  There are new and long term quitters here that can give different perspectives of this journey.  Use this time to continue to educate yourself about this addiction and create your tools and new associations instead of smoking.  Knowledge and support have made the difference for many quitters.

We're here to support you on your journey to freedom.  Check in anytime to share.

Look forward to celebrating with you on the 4th!

Barb

0 Kudos
LoriB1958

I am happy to be back this is something I have to do. Losing my Daughter  and watch her pass away is still very hard. But I will accomplish this task.

I will do it I am determined 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Feeling any better today @LoriB1958 ?

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
LoriB1958

I am having a hard time missing my daughter. But have not smoked in the short time I noticed I can breath better.

MargieV

Hi I'm Margie & have recently retired. I started smoking when I was 13 (late 1960's). Quit 12 years later when I got engaged. 20 years later, after the end of my marriage I was still a non smoker until I met my 2nd husband who was a smoker. He promised he would not smoke inside. But it got to me in the confines of our local hangout (bar) & I started by lighting his cigs. 10 years later he quit smoking & after multiple tries a friend suggested an ECIG. Now after 5 years & multiple tries I found this group. I have set my quit date for 6/21/21 & am so excited. I've been reading a lot here & have started my quit kit. Next is my good bye letter. I plan on the morning of my quit date to ceremoniously grab a shovel, go deep into our woods & bury all my vape paraphinalia. Say a prayer for my recovery & put a wad of bubble gum into my mouth. 

Did I say I was excited!!! 😂🙏👍🚭

0 Kudos