cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

heather47

Week 2 Question

Please take a moment to discuss some situations that trigger the urge to use tobacco. Be specific. What can you do to prepare for these situations while you’re quitting. What are some things you could do to cope or control these triggers.
0 Kudos
5 Replies

I think that being mad and being with my friends will....as long as i delay for 5 mins that might help and i will make myself busy wit hsomething els and forget about them....
0 Kudos
charity-r.

i tend to smoke when i am really angry. if something is upsetting me i will light up right then and there. i also smoke when i am really bored. if i am sitting and doing nothing i have to smoke just to have something to do. i already know what to do for these triggers (right Heather lol). well i have a binder with a lot of info on how to cope with smoking. when i am angry instead of lighting up i could do deep breathing or take a walk. i still don't know what to do when i am bored though beause reading makes me smoke and i don't have a lot of things to do to keep me busy besides Purity.
0 Kudos
blossom-m.

When i get really angry i tend to want a ciggarette and also when i am really depressed. I can notice my triggers when i am getting angry and then i could tell myself to go for a walk or somewheres else. Like ova to a besties house ya know who i am talkin about. My addiction just keeps on gettin worst and worst but if i dont stop now i no i probably wont ever stop so i am tryin really hard. The ways i could cope or to take a walk and maybe try to not be so depressed and angry and i will try that .
0 Kudos

same here but there is nothing to make me stop but doing something real destracting.........because i will sit there and think about it over and over and over again.
0 Kudos
paige-d

Umm i dont smoke no more but when i did soke the main thing that triggered me to smoke was getting mad or just being bored. You can keep your self busy with other things for you dont think about smoking.
0 Kudos