cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

heather47

Week 3 Question

Habits vs. Addiction. Habits and addictions do seem similar in a number of ways, but also have some defining differences. Please take a moment to compare/contrast habits and addictions. Perhaps give a few examples.
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Habbit is something you do all the time....you dont need it but you think you do...with addiction it is very diffrent...you need some thing...and if you dont have it something will go wrong...like when people smoke out of habbit they do it the same time everyday...and with addiction they do it when ever they try to get it how ever they will do anything for it
0 Kudos
charity-r.

An addiction is something a person has to do to get by... a habit is something a person does out of routine. I know smoking is not a habit for me because I don't have a specific time when i smoke i smoke when i feel that i need a cig. (not that i NEED one but you get it).
0 Kudos
blossom-m.

A habit is like when you think you need one. And an addiction is were you actually NEED ONE YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN JELLY BEAN JK. BUT UMM YA
0 Kudos

lol sure do
0 Kudos
charity-r.

I also think it would be easier to break a habit than an addiction. Well i guess it really depends on the person, but i think people can break habits a lot easier than addictions.
0 Kudos
blossom-m.

ya naw meen but ya that is wat i think the difference is
0 Kudos
paige-d

A habbit is where you do something all the time lol pretty much what veryone else is saying lol and addiction is something you need or you think you will die without it...
0 Kudos