cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Imready2019

Wednesday.

I have been smoking since I was 15. I am now 28. The only time I have quit two times. Once when I was married and once when I was pregnant. Wednesday is my quit day. I have nicotine gum. I’m just looking for some tips or something. I’m actually kind of nervous, smoking eases my mind and anxiety. Thanks!

Tags (1)
25 Replies
Coyote1

For me connecting with nature, escaping the rat race is the ultimate goal always. I think the stress of work, city life disconnects us from our core natural selves. Smoking for me became a way to escape, to get outside. I have felt that so much during my quit. Just bathing in the sound of birds and the sun hitting my face, glowing green trees. It truly helps. I hope it helps you too! 

Coyote1

Also, naked in a rain forest is probably pretty awesome too lol.

Giulia

I live in a very rural area.  So nature surrounds me every day.  I look out my office window at the wild.  I see turkeys and foxes, possum, deer, all kinds of birds....  It's a blessing.  I used to live in the concrete jungle of NYC and am so glad I'm no longer there.  It was like a slow death to my spirit.  And there's nothing like being naked outside.  You can feel the air all over your body.  It's an amazing experience.  Everyone should experience that joy.

TriGirl

Thank you for reporting on the findings. I never heard of that before but it sounds amazing. Wow Coyote1

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

We have a state park very near me, with a walking trail right by the river.  I LOVE to go there and walk when it isn't filled with large groups of loud-mouthed walkers. It's located in a valley, so voices are trapped and echo back and forth between the hills. I always wonder why they can't just STFU and LISTEN to the river current, the sound of the wind in the trees, the birdsong.  My absolute worst experience is being near anybody talking on a cellphone.  Like - you can't do that somewhere else?

Rant over!

My childhood home was surrounded by woods and my playground was there, by a stream, climbing rock formations, listening to the frogs and seeing millions of fireflies come out at night, damming the stream to make a shallow wading pool for me and the tadpoles. The smells and colors of autumn, and the forest floor full of leaves.   I wanna' go back THERE!  Just the sounds of nature all around and the imagination to pretend to be an explorer, or adventurer, or damsel from the Dark Ages.  I was very fortunate to have those experiences.  No playground can compare.  I am so sorry more children don't get to experience that. 

Nostalgia overcomes me.  I hope to be able to walk again by the river, maybe by the Fall.

Nancy

Barbscloud

I don't think I get this one!   "The idea is simple: if a person simply visits a natural area and walks in a relaxed way there are calming, rejuvenating and restorative benefits to be achieved"   Weren't many us already doing this naturally without putting a name to it?

0 Kudos