cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CathyC1332

WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 17, 2021

I am excited.  I talked to my doctor today about quitting smoking.  We came up with a plan I think I can follow.  It's a matter of weaning myself from cigarettes.  So, I will e continue to use my patches and lozenges and I will allow myself to smoke, but okay i  had a cigarette now i have to wait an hour to smoke another one. For me, i can see me succeeding.  So that's the plan. I feel happy about this and my hope is to wean myself off of puffing. So til next time. Stay safe.

NEWBIE with a plan.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
sweetplt

CathyC1332 I am so happy you and your Doctor came up with a plan...when it works, I am all for it...be sure to stay close to the support site...wishing you a Happy Thursday ... Colleen 808 DOF 

Barbscloud

Glad you have a plan in place.  I think I explained how I cut down for a week prior to my quit on a very strict schedule.  One an hour first day, every two hours, etc.  I also used Welbutrin prior to my quit and nicotrol inhalers after I quit. Everyone's journey is theirs.  Stay close.

Barb

Giulia

Having a plan is an important first step on the path to Freedom.  Stick with it.

Beautiful Inner Self Beautiful.jpg

Barbscloud

How is it going so far?

Barb

CathyC1332

Sorry I just found your message in spam. Rough. I started a Smoking journal.  Trying to address triggers and been reading guidelines to quitting.  I am trying to utilize the tracker. I talk to myself a lot. I had my annual lung screening and at this time all is well. I discussed quitting and was asked how I recently quit for 3 days.  I said cold Turkey.  The NP gave me interesting feedback.  She said I was actually using the knowledge I so brag about having, without realizing I am using it. Really made sense to me. Instead of running around like a deranged idiot trying to find a way to quit, quietly use and apply the knowledge I have. So I am doing. I am still working on cutting back because I am still smoking too much. I am slowly getting to accepting the idea I really do want to quit smoking.  Thank you for asking and thinking of me.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Don't give up.  You can do this.

Barb

0 Kudos
Giulia

"use and apply the knowledge I have"  Exactly!  That's what we all do.  Keep working it.

0 Kudos