cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

val_b

We quit buying smokes. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY---That makes us winners right ?

I know Im a winner, I just have to relearn what I need to do to make my life fulfilling without smokes, It's been almost 40 days since I stared this group and Im still with out a puff. I created this site because I wanted the experieance non smokers to give their stories of how they overcame their triggers and urges to smoke. I also wanted the new comer to know that If we used the current relearn tools that was on this site, and use the advice from the non smokers that had quit for a while.

I am still learning that this is a process. this is my life, and without history (my story), my mind has no life to give, So I decided to give my mind the memories that I want to leave here so when Im gone the work that I've done will speak for me. Not the cigarettes I've smoked. ( We are winners because we desided to fight this nasty addictions and get the support we need to fight it, We learned that this is an addiction that tobacco companies want us to keep. but we quit buying smokes YAAAAAAAAAAAAY. Come join the "for winneronly" group, your input is needed.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
val_b

I feel like a winner. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Ca-ching, Ca ching
0 Kudos
candice-smith

you should i've been reading different blogs that you've posted and your determination and drive is awesome!!!!
0 Kudos
val_b

So candice, you can tell, Im not going to take a puff without a fight. I make sure my supportive new friends and members here know what Im going through, so I don't take a puff. I think they pray for me. because sometimes I don't know how I got out of some of the almost smoking situations I was in. I am happy I came out of them with out taking a puff. thank you so much for your words of kindness.
0 Kudos
val_b

thanks Burd, I know you are a winner, thanks for your support.
0 Kudos
doreen1

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

You ARE a winner, Val. Keep up the good work!! 🙂
0 Kudos
doreen1

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

You ARE a winner, Val. Keep up the good work!! 🙂
0 Kudos
julia3

Me too. I am on this path behind you. thanks for calling out and letting us still in the smoke there is a fresh air in front of us! Thanks for winning!
0 Kudos
val_b

Your are telling the truth, small steps are so important to remember to appreciate, without them we can't be winners. thanks you, you must had been reading my mind this morning, I was just bloging to someone about how improtant small step are.
0 Kudos
val_b

I will make my mind understand we are now on a new journey without smokes, so just set back and enjoy this new way of living. I could not say that the 1st week, but I can truly say I am a non smoker for the rest of my life.
0 Kudos