cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Den1745

Today I Quit

Today is the first day of my quit, but as I like better, "Today is my new beginning".  I have been loading myself with as many tools possible to conquer this BEAST!  I have been reading Allen Carr's "Easy wasy to quit Smoking" book, I have joined this website, I have started Chantix and I have told ALL of my friends and family!  I put out my last cancer stick last night around 10PM. 

Tags (1)
65 Replies
elvan

You both absolutely CAN do this...Den1745‌ and katenalbert‌, drink lots of water and flush that nicotine out of your system.  You are going to have a day WON and many more!

Ellen

freeneasy

Congrats! This is a decision you will never regret

ShawnP

Congratulations!!! you can do this!!!

Daniela2016

Please come back often, you can do it!!!

gardenancy8

Congrats to the three new quitters on this thread!  Continue to come and check in as often as you need to. You can and are doing this.  We are all in this together!  

hiphouse

I'm another on Day One.  Eleven hours into the day and I've not had a cigarette. Real challenge when sudden craving hits, but I am sick and tired of smoking and what it's dong to my health and finances so good incentives to keep going.  I'm going cold turkey.  I'm not crawling the walls, but work is mighty difficult and I'm on a deadline which is super tight and keeps me stuck at a desk where I used to chain smoke.  I have faith it'll work, just would be good to read some shared experiences about what day one was like for.you so that I have some strength and hope.  Thanks,

elvan

hiphouse‌ WELCOME to EX.  There is lots of reading to do here...there is the book by Allen Carr entitled "The Easy Way to Quit" and there is a link to a free download, you can also go to JonesCarpeDiem‌'s page and read what to expect the first 140 days.  MY first day was spent in bed, struggling to breathe, knowing that it might be my LAST time feeling that struggle.  Did I want a cigarette?  You bet I did but I KNEW they were killing me.  I quit 1230 days ago after smoking for most of 47 years.  I did it one day at a time, one minute at a time and I did it with the support of this site.  You can find many links on the Best of EX https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/content?filterID=all~tag%5Bbest_of_ex%5D  and read as many blogs as you can, see how others are getting through and how others have gotten past the first day and called it a day WON and not a day ONE.  My mantra for many months was NOPE, Not One Puff Ever!

Again, welcome.

Ellen

0 Kudos
hiphouse

OK, I'm seven hours ahead of this website.  I'm in Bulgaria and it's 11:40am. It's 4am where you are in the States, so guess it will be a bit quiet round here now. Good luck and I hope that if I super-struggle at any point that this sight can help.

0 Kudos
Maryangela

Congratulations, best of luck!  Hoping for the best for you. 

0 Kudos
prjimm01

welcome new friend!

0 Kudos