cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

emostruggle

To take the plunge.....

I am completely new to actually writing anything here but I have been reading on this site for about a month.  Sorry if this is long...

A little bit of backstory.  I tried to quit about a month ago, I read Alan Carr's book twice and jumped in without any preparation or anything.  It was horrible to say the least.  I was mad at the world for 6 days (not a fun person to be around) just sat and dwelled and grieved on the fact that I didn't have my "one thing" that was mine.  I caved on the 6th day after crying uncontrollably all day for no reason.  I thought I was just to different.  I have since read so many things on here that lead me to believe that it was all normal, even the grieving which I thought made me a freak because why would you grieve over something that is trying to kill you... anyways here is my actual question, my quit date isn't until next week. But this is my second quit day...the first came and went and I went into panic mode and just didn't. So I have all the hard candy, stuff to do, toothpicks, straws etc.  I have been making my own smokes and now I am almost out of tubes. I told myself I won't go buy anymore tubes, but that means quitting early which even thinking about it puts me into panic....I don't know if I should take the plunge early or buy a pack instead of buying 200 more tubes or to wait until my actual date.... sorry I don't know if this makes any sense or if I am just rambling, thanks for being out there and putting in time on here so I can see I am not a complete basketcase lol

36 Replies
MarilynH

I drank alot of water to flush my system out plus water is good for you anyway, I still drink lots of water now. Biscuit‌ , deep breaths and continue to be willing, determined and totally committed to succeed and you can and will be successful one precious smoke free day at a time. 

elvan

I drank tons of water too and I wasn't a water drinker until I quit, now I drink water all the time.  I had snacks available, I am really partial to frozen cherries...you can't eat too many at a time because of brain freeze.  I also used all of the distractions that were suggested, I read everything that was suggested and I came to this site every morning and every night and I sucked up that support like a sponge. This is a journey and not an event!  If you keep that in mind, it makes it much easier.

Ellen

Biscuit

Thank you for the encouragement elvan. I hope we can continue to chat as I progress

Yess

I might have missed it but if you haven't read it yet, I strongly encourage you to read Allen Carr's The Easy Way to Stop Smoking. It's in libraries and if you start it a few days before your quit date (depending on your reading time available/speed) it could be the catalyst to a successful start to your quit.  I personally found it magical.Stay true to you:)Pamela

0 Kudos
elvan

Of course, we can continue to chat as you progress...as we BOTH progress.

Ellen

Biscuit

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Until you spread your wings you will not know how far you can fly.