cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

The struggle is real and usually kinda ugly.

Lets chat about first 3 months in on the uglies of being a quitter" (Non_smoker)

I feel very irritable today.  day 1. Like do not mess with me I have my mind on something very important  for my body.

Honestly looking for the uglies of quitting   anyone else?

56666899_1236048013229776_4799491069832069120_n.jpg
Not menopause.  What some experience from being a quitter.   I will probably be 4 people today or maybe more personalities.  I pray to be to sleepy, and non-hungary" this final quit.  Amen

50 Replies
Barb102

I never vaped. I was afraid of it. I worked with some people that did and were having serious problems quitting the vaping. My pulmonary doc says it has more poisons and is even worse to quit. That’s all I know about it. What really worked for me was a non-smoking group I did once a week for 4 weeks. They told me I wasn’t giving myself enough to quit. I did the 21mg patch for 2 months and mini lozenges every 3-4 hours.  Even if I wasn’t haven’t the urge. I stayed on each patch longer than prerscribed but ok by my doc. I kept on with the losengers too just one every 5-6 hours. After no patch I did the losengers with really bad craving. 2 days in a row I forgot and I threw the rest out. It wasn’t essay but I gave myself more help than e er before. It worked for me. 

Beck37

Okay so the uglies I experienced are...

1. BIG time anxiety.... OMG that was the worst

2. Head felt like a kaleidoscope 

3. Body ached

4. Low blood sugar so felt dizzy 

5. Didn’t sleep for 52 days

6. Weight gain

Im sure there were others but those were the BIG ones!!

Beck

JACKIE1-25-15

Thanks for reminding me about insomnia.  That was the worst. Thank God I  made it. 

Mandolinrain

Oh I had forgotten about insomnia...that was horrible for me until about 4-or 5 months

Beck37

Oh yeah add...

7. HOT flashes!!!!!

anaussiemom

thank  you so much.. very appreciated.

0 Kudos
Barbara145

For me it was absolutely awful.  I didn't know if I could persevere.  I sucked it up and did it one day at a time.  I was really depressed.  I am retired so I spent a lot of time on the couch.  I had a beautiful 13 year old Chesapeake Bay Retriever who was near the end of his life.  I adored him.  I had to take him out on walks a few times a day.  It was actually a blessing because I always felt better when I got back.  It was difficult but it is one of the most loving things I have done for myself in this lifetime.  Take care of you.  You can do this.

anaussiemom

Thank you all so much for your feed back it helps more than I can say.

I feel lots of gratitude, for the openness in everyone on this blog topic.

thank you

Gn

Baby-J

I am on chantix. My experience was very different from when I tried other methods of quitting. There was struggle but bearable struggle. Obtainable success. I kept telling myself and wrote down on the calendar each day I was smoke free. And I used that as a small reward for myself. The first week on chantix I did smoke as normal. The start of the second week was when I started smoking less. Not finishing a ciggarette and noticing by day 9 ciggs were not as important as they were before. I started "practicing" and measuring my urges on day 10. I would skip my morning cig. I told myself I'm not going to smoke. I made it from 7-10 and smoked. Then the following day made it to 12. Then to 3pm then did 3pm, 6, 8pm then started cutting out my evening smoke. So I would go to bed without smoking first. Did that while skipping the am one and got down to 1 smoke and then said I was ready. Day 14 (I think) I wanted to be my day one, so I did not smoke all day then gave in 2 puffs of husbands at 745pm I was bummed but I was proud that I made it that far and he offered a whole cigg to me and I declined. The next day was my day one. And every day I kept telling myself if I can make it through day one I can make it through this crave. If I can make it through day two I can make it through this crave. I remember trying to quit using NRT and trying these same techniques and failing the anxiety got to me and the negative throw in the towel thoughts had me before I could make any headway. With chantix it is working. One day at a time. I want this forever.

Why quit, because I know you dont need those smelly things no one needs those cancer sticks. You are stronger than those lung suckers that wish you harm. Recognize the "junkie thoughts" and give them hell! You deserve this! You are doing it! Keep it up! --hugs

elvan

Baby-J‌ I did that too...the calendar thing, not the Chantix.  After dinner, I would clean up the kitchen and write my number of days on a calendar that was hanging on the wall.  It always gave me a boost...  After I did THAT, I would get on EX.

Ellen