cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

The struggle is real and usually kinda ugly.

Lets chat about first 3 months in on the uglies of being a quitter" (Non_smoker)

I feel very irritable today.  day 1. Like do not mess with me I have my mind on something very important  for my body.

Honestly looking for the uglies of quitting   anyone else?

56666899_1236048013229776_4799491069832069120_n.jpg
Not menopause.  What some experience from being a quitter.   I will probably be 4 people today or maybe more personalities.  I pray to be to sleepy, and non-hungary" this final quit.  Amen

50 Replies
anaussiemom

I am making my feelings clear.  Asking others of the first couple months tis all... 

Is this Monday or sumthin" ?

sweetplt

Uglies the first week I cried, cleaned everything in site, sucked on a lot of hard candy and hubs would come home and have to rub my back...oh yeah loss ... thought I lost my best friend, what a freakin joke...ok as I think of more uglies I will list ... 

anaussiemom

I feel once freakin again,. my person I lean on is gone!! It is not a person it is a cig!  I do not want to feel like why am I quitting again?...

Just seeking and feeling my way around again, thank you

Namaste

JACKIE1-25-15

I pray that this day becomes brighter for you.  I pray that you continue to choose not to smoke. NOPE. I pray that you do not have to go through day one again.  Keep the faith No matter whether it is a good day or an ugly day.   Nonsmokers and Ex-smokers have them too.  It is a choice to smoke or not to smoke NO MATTER What, Good Bad or Ugly.I looked back over my first 30-50 days and it seems that my positive outweighed the negative.  I was so happy that I quit smoking for good.  I  always tried to look at the positive side of quitting and used this support group to help.  Early on I kept my why I quit list close by.  I trusted and believed that this was it.  I had made up my mind.  No it was not easy. Instead of a struggle, I called it my challenge which I was willing to meet.  The battle is within. 

anaussiemom

Thank you

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I remember now. Insomnia, that was the hardest for me.  However, I  decided if this is what I have to go through to not smoke so be it.  My EXact thought.  It was almost 60 days, but I would take naps whenever I could.  Fortunately, I did not have to get up and go to work the next day.  

elvan

You can do this, Kim.  Just think of the previous times as practice for this REAL quit.

Ellen

anaussiemom

Yes, thank you Ellen.

Barb102

I know you can and will do this Kim. I thought the first 3 maybe 4 were awful!  It does get easier my friend, but not right away. Some days were harder than others. To be honest I still have moments. I’m especially vulnerable when I’m stressed. You are not alone. I quit and started and quit more times than I can count. But I’m protecting this quit cause I can never do this again. I give you credit. You keep fighting. You are so strong. This day will pass. I wish you peaceful slept and a really easier tomorrow. I will always be here to encourage you

anaussiemom

Thank you Barb.