cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

The desire and need to quit

I am serious this time around and need the support to help me. My daughter and grandchildren really want me to quit. But I have made the decision to quit on my own. I can't do it for them but for me only. Cigarettes are just like any other addiction. I have to put the work in and be serious about it. This will be a long progress, but with the help of my family and Become An Ex Organization, I know this is my last fight with cigarettes. France Belton
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Thanks Jeff, I am going to need all the help I can get. Can someone tell me why I have pains in my chest when I don't have any cigarettes and as soon as I smoke a cigarette it goes away? A lot of people say it is all in my mind but that pain is no joke. I went in the hospital for chest pains but they couldn't find anything.
0 Kudos
doreen1

Frances, it sounds like you are experiencing some anxiety with those chest pains. Talk to your primary care doctor and see if they can give you something to help. Hang in there - it will get better.

Photobucket........Photobucket
0 Kudos

Thanks Doreen, I have talked to my doctor, but I will tell her again. It is getting better thanks to all the people who have responded since joining EX. You all are a blessing.
0 Kudos