cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Thank You So Much

Wow I am amazed.  I went to the store to get some lunch and paid at the courtesy desk where they also sell cigarettes and was Shocked at the price since my quit.  In 2019 when I quit I was paying $6.79 for a pack and today the price is up to $9.79.  If I was still smoking I would be paying close to $20.00 since I would buy 2 pack per day.

Thank You Ex Community; I could not have done these 3+ years without you and all of my supportive friends here.

Hugs,

Ralph

Labels (1)
35 Replies
Tinax79

Today is day one for me and will power and self discipline with smoking are my weaknesses 

Tinax79

Thank you for the advice and tips!

Barbscloud

@Tinax79 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your first day.  We're here for you, so reach out anytime you need support or want to share  your journey.

Barb

Mikereis3

So thankful to have found this site. I quit vaping for almost 5 days and then bought a pen foolishly. All that time I thought I'm not ready and wanted one more pen after throwing it all away in the trash. Then, I get the pen and it tastes like crap and now I feel like crap when I use it. I need to remember that the cravings are a delusion of an experience that isn't satisfying. Set a new quit date but may move it up as I think with the tools here I am properly preparing better. Thank you!

Barbscloud

@Mikereis3 Welcome to the Ex and glad you're not waiting to start again. Have you been reading material on the site to understand nicotine addiction and to identify your triggers, tools you'll use, new associations you'll create instead of vaping, etc. This is about changing your mindset, as well some hands on work. This link has some great information to get your started on a successful journey.https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Consider creating your own Journal/Blog so more Exers will get to know you and lend their support.  We're here for you, so reach out anytime we can help. And always remember to reach out before you vape, not after.  It works.

Consider taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track one day at a time.

Barb

Mikereis3

Thanks Barb! I am getting up to speed here with all of the great resources. I will check it out.

Mike