cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Thank You So Much

Wow I am amazed.  I went to the store to get some lunch and paid at the courtesy desk where they also sell cigarettes and was Shocked at the price since my quit.  In 2019 when I quit I was paying $6.79 for a pack and today the price is up to $9.79.  If I was still smoking I would be paying close to $20.00 since I would buy 2 pack per day.

Thank You Ex Community; I could not have done these 3+ years without you and all of my supportive friends here.

Hugs,

Ralph

Labels (1)
35 Replies
Kking4

That’s great. Cant wait till I’m there (5 months 10 days). 

Kking
TURNEJM

That’s great!  You are doing great!  I haven’t smoked in a week and you are an inspiration to me.  If you can make it, I feel like I can too.

TinaWoolsey

The price is Outrages. Another reason for quitting ♥️

Tina
Bettielou

Yes they are expensive.  I'm still trying 

• But haven't conquered it yet.
0 Kudos
Dcwise78

I am so glad to hear people actually quit and how good they feel. I am an ex ex smoker who picked up the habit about 2-3 years ago. I am trying to quit again now but this time seems a bit harder for some reason. I am struggling to put the vape pen down. I haven’t made it through a full day without giving in😞. BUT , I have patches, lozenges, and gum ohhh and toothpicks! They seems to all help in combination most of the time. I’m not giving up trying to quit without a fight. I’m ready and determined but sometimes give in..

MarilynH

Welcome @TURNEJM you can and will be successful in living a life of Freedom and and you'll do one precious day at a time or hour minute or even a second at time deep breaths and believe in yourself, read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT with commitment and perseverance you will perservere through whatever comes your way pick a quit date and when your day ONE arrives keep your mind as well as your hands occupied and at the end of the day you'll be able to say YAY for Day WON with many more to come! 

0 Kudos
Iwanttostop6

Im 37 and i sure could talk to a buddy that can help me i just survive cancer and im tired of feeling a strong anxiety everyday please help me my phone number is Ralph [Number removed for privacy]

Edited by @CommunityAdmin : Please exchange private contact information only via private message. Do not post contact information publicly.

0 Kudos
foxx

This is amazing keep going strong 

0 Kudos
nofumarnomas

Congratulations @@Ralph1955 That's great 

Money is one of the reasons I quit, was spending $425 a month on those nasty things.

Only on day 10 here but stories like this keep me motivated.

Rich
JTarkus75

That's awesome my friend 😎

0 Kudos