cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mark_g

THE EASY WAY TO QUIT SMOKING........

OK, WHO HAS READ THIS BOOK AND HOW IS IT? I ORDERED IT YESTERDAY AND SHOULD BE ARRIVING ANY DAY NOW...THOUGHTS, DID IT WORK, IS IT WORTH IT?

THANKS Y'ALL.....GOOD LUCK
0 Kudos
12 Replies
raychel

I pretty much agree with you...I really agree with your "I much prefer the 100% odds of remaining an ex smoker by simply never taking another puff." I mean that really is the way to do it. Plain and simple.
No doubt.

But I guess I do want people to realize they aren't doomed if they screw up a quit. We should all have hope in the situation, especially with the odds stacked against the ex-smoker.
0 Kudos
britquit

I just read Carr's book a few days ago. It is a really simple concept and a lot about thinking your way into a different state about cigs. I got really pumped up when I was reading it and looked at smoking as a government plot to keep the healthcare system going. If tobacco products were all destroyed and not sold anywhere we would be a whole different world. Lots of people would stop but then again LOTS of people would be buying them underground. They would be really classed as drugs then and I wonder if the bad guys would make as much money if they were sold illegally? After reading the book it seems like they were introduced to society in the early 1900's and it was really cool to smoke and only in the past few decades has it become so not cool and we are like lepers now. One day if the governments of the world want to do something about the health of people maybe they will be sold underground just like crack or heroin. Carr often compares smokers to heroin addicts which is pretty close in nature of doing anything for a cigarette. I am sure not all cig smokers are as obsessed as I am but I know I have done quite a few stupid things for a smoke and for other things I have been addicted to in the past... not proud but finally growing up and realizing that alcohol is as deadly as hard core drugs and cigarettes change your behaviour and mental ability. This is especially mentioned in Carr's book and being from Great Britain originally I can really relate to his story and the way we would pass around fags when in a pub which you don't see over here in America... in fact when I first moved here before I would light up I would ask everyone around me if they wanted a fag and they would look at me weird for probably 2 reasons... the fag and the fact I was sharing which is so common to do where I was from. Well I didn't mean to write this much but hope you have got to read Carr's book by now. I threw my fags away after I read it and went to sleep and just finished searching in my dumpster for my trash bag put out there less than 2 days ago and it was not there... I am truly an addict and like Allen Carr says keep his book handy which I did so maybe I should read it again now. Good luck to you. Peace.
0 Kudos
scruffy

Hey Mark, Everybody,
New discussion in the over 50? "HARDCORE OR ME BEING AN ASSHOLE" Might wanna have a look it's along the lines of the "Easy Way" but far more harsh.

Does the "Easy Way" work? Has for me, 6 months so far and no, I don't want to smoke ever again !
0 Kudos