cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gigi72

Struggling....

Jump to solution

6th day of our quit... hubby and myself.  Using gum, but still really difficult.  Have some very strong cravings.  Lots of crying, and I honestly don't know why.  Did anyone else cry a lot???  Does it really get easier???

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Barbscloud

@Gigi72 Congrats on6 days.  Being very emotional is part of the withdrawal for many quitters.  You're body is ridding itself of a multitude of chemicals so it's going to react.  You're body is healing!

Get some more dopamine in your body to replace what was lost by quitting.  Exercising (especially walking), lots of sleep, listening to music and deep breathing are some of the ways.

Barbscloud_1-1654863974360.gif

Here are a few of the side effects of quitting.

Withdrawal symptoms.png

There will be up and downs, but they will start to settle down.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RainbowHeart

It does, it really does. We all still have hard days, but they get further apart and easier to handle.

And cry all you need to. I was a screamer in my early quit. Luckily I lived in the middle of nowhere.

You both can do this, good for you for reaching out for help. Hopefully others will be along shortly.

0 Kudos
Gigi72

Thank you soooo much!  💖

Snowdoggie

@Gigi72 The 1st week is called hell week for a reason. Congratulations on getting through hell week.🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊 It's a rough time. I could have cried or pulled my hair out.

Next week is heck week. It is still hard but you will know what to expect. It will get easier.

Try to put "addiction" in the search bar and read as much as you can about it. It will help you understand what is going on. Always blog before you smoke or think you will smoke and we will try to point you in the right direction. Hang on. You can do this. (((Hugs))).

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Gigi72 Congrats on6 days.  Being very emotional is part of the withdrawal for many quitters.  You're body is ridding itself of a multitude of chemicals so it's going to react.  You're body is healing!

Get some more dopamine in your body to replace what was lost by quitting.  Exercising (especially walking), lots of sleep, listening to music and deep breathing are some of the ways.

Barbscloud_1-1654863974360.gif

Here are a few of the side effects of quitting.

Withdrawal symptoms.png

There will be up and downs, but they will start to settle down.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

Gigi72

Thank you so much for all the tips and the what to expect/when.  💖

Gigi72

Thank you!  I'm really trying to be strong.  💖