cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

QuitMeNow

Struggling to quit

I'm failing miserably in my quest to quit. I have cut down but I need to stop and stop now. I'll try to busy myself thereby taking longer to light up, yet and still I light up. I have knee replacement surgery Monday so it's very important that I end this madness now. I don't smoke a whole cigarette at one time but relight it a couple of times. I cannot stand cigarettes. Yet I succumb to the crave. I need help

49 Replies
QuitMeNow

Thank you. The support is so needed and very much appreciated.

YoungAtHeart

How is it going today?

QuitMeNow

It's early yet. So far so good. About to get breakfast now. Planning to

keep busy today

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019, 7:45 AM Youngatheart.7.4.12 <

elvan

You can do this...believe it yourself.  You have a lot at stake here.

Ellen

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  You've already gotten lots of good information.  Just know that you can do this.   And, chewing on straws was my go to.

Barb

Giulia

Rootin' for ya!

DonnaMarie

Hi there,

I have had three knee replacements and quit for each one, only to start up after each one at some point. I've quit so damned many times that I've lost count. 

Do yourself a solid and know that even a day or two without smoking makes your anesthesia and healing so much better. Tell yourself you're doing it for the surgery. After the surgery, you won't feel like smoking and probably will be an inpatient for a day at least. That day, you can't smoke. Use that smokeless day to your advantage, though truth be told, you're gonna be busy doing things besides thinking about smoking.

You can do this. Trust me, if you can have a knee replacement, you can do anything. I got my life back with knee replacements and got my life back again 49 days ago, when I quit smoking.

Join me? 

Donna

DonnaMarie

P.S. If you light one and put it out, do not relight it. Ever. 

QuitMeNow

Thanks. I've found that just lighting it and holding the cigarette without

smoking it helps for now. I'll definitely be smoke free from now on. The

surgery is actually a blessing in my quest to quit. I won't be able to go

outside to smoke and don't smoke in house. Nobody will buy me any more

either. YAY!

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019, 9:59 AM DonnaMarie <communityadmin@becomeanex.org

indingrl

Welcome- CONGRATS AND GOOD JOB! 

0 Kudos