cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

karenthill

Start Day

We'll, today is my quit say!  Last night before going to bed I soaked all remaining cigarettes (21/2 packs) in water, tore them to pieces and threw them, the ashtray and my lighter in the trash!  This morning I got up and took a shower immediately to wash the smoke off my body and out of my hair, then put a patch on. I'm washing the bedding and my clothes and I sprayed the apartment with essential oil room spray, even though I didn't smoke in the apartment. Some smoke came in through the open windows and patio door.  I quit cold turkey over 30 years ago, but couldn't seem to do it this time. Last time I was busy with kids to raise...now we're retired and don't /can't do a lot, so I get bored.  But I'm gonna do this, so wish me luck and/or pray for me!!

35 Replies
bacardigirl

Excellent attitude!  It will be key on this journey! Best of luck, you got this!

0 Kudos
karenthill

Thanks for the encouragement!

Karen

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 6:42 AM bacardigirl <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi karenthill and Welcome to Ex’s,

Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking...Today is Day 1 ... Make it Day won...Keep busy, (which I see you are doing by cleaning, which is good), drink lots of water, knit, do work games...take nice deep breaths...You can do this...stay close to here especially if you feel craves/triggers...know all will pass whether you smoke or not...so don’t smoke...Try and relax and have a good Day 1...Gotcha in my Thoughts ~ Colleen 181 DOF 

0 Kudos
karenthill

Thanks for the encouragement, Colleen! On day 2 and actually doing really

well! 0 cigarettes and no cravings. This next week will be busy so it

should be even easier.

Karen

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 6:47 AM sweetplt <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

anaussiemom

You are going to do great.   One step at a time!!

karenthill

Thanks for the encouragement!

Karen

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 6:47 AM anaussiemom <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

2016_03_15_day46.JPG

Something silly to get you by. Welcome and congrats!

Donna

karenthill

Karen

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 7:48 AM DonnaMarie <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome and big congrats on your decision to quit and your first day.   You're off to a good start destroying those remaining cigarettes.  Not only is it a necessity, it's also symbolic of your commitment.   Sounds like you've done what it takes to prepare.  Stay close and reach out if you need help.  

Barb

karenthill

Thanks so much for the encouragement, Barb! I'm actually doing really

well...no cravingings and no cigarettes all weekend! This next week is

going to be busy so it should get even easier. Have a great Sunday!

Karen

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 8:04 AM Barbscloud <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>