cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

raychel

Sinus troubles after quitting?

I have had the WORST sinus pain since I have quit smoking. While I was smoking I would get sinus pain as well that was one of the many reasons why I quit, one of the smaller reasons, but still a reason.

Now that I have quit it is worse than ever. My throat and ears have also been hurting a bit since I quit. I don't know if it is all the crap smoking put into my sinuses ect trying to work itself out or what but I am starting to get annoyed by having severe sinus pain & pressure every day.

Anybody else experience this? Suggestions for feeling better?
36 Replies
jim_taddeo

But it did come and I did battle with it for quite some time. Off and on. When I'm clear which has been quite a bit I can actually breathe through both nostrils.....AMAZING to me anyway.
Jim
lin3

I haven't smoked for a week.I get sinus pain also.It sucks,especially as I never had these problems when I smoked.Does anyone know how long it lasts for?

Great question!!! I’m wondering the same!!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@scottmackowski Welcome to the Ex.  Glad you found us.  What you're experiencing if very common for many quitters.  Glad to see you've been reading material on the site.   Educating yourself about nicotine addiction and understanding the journey has helped many quitters be successful. We always suggest if it doesn't resolve, please check with your physician.  We can't blame everything on quitting.

I might suggest that you post to Journals/Blogs  to introduce yourself to the community.  This is an older post, so it may not be seen by many.   We'd like to give you all the support you may need.

We're here for you, so reach out anytime.

Barb

0 Kudos
carole3

I've quit smoking now for three, almost four weeks after having a severe upper respiratory/sinus infection. Cough finally stopped, but my sinuses always feel swollen and dry, and at times it's difficult to get a deep breath. CT scan was done of my lungs because an unusal spot showed up on a chest Xray when they thought I had pneumonia. My doctor told me I have moderate emphysema which showed up on the CT scan, but thank God nothing else suspicious. I was so afraid I had cancer. I've never had breathing problems before when I smoked, but since I've quit smoking, I notice lots of sinus problems (not stuffy, but sore and swollen, dry nose and throat) and my breathing just feels awkward at times. I am also waking up two or three times a night which is new since quitting. Does anyone know will these symptoms go away with time???????? I sure hope so. I actually felt better when I smoked!!!

I am 68 days quit and have just joined this site have had terrible sinus pain since 6 weeks have never had it before and the pressure in my head is awful. Has anyone come up with any tricks. Have been to doc had antibiotics and no change

5thtime2

Sinuses are awful!  Brain fog a close second.  Constipation and then the release of tar babies....yuck!   My body seems to be a self destruct detox mission and I'm just along for the ride.  Anybody experiencing gas too?   And body aches and itching.   It's not the flu cause there is no fever.  None of these are listed in any withdrawal symptom list on any medical site.  Who writes those things?!   Some premed know-it-all?   Anyway I'm day 6.  Good luck to all of you.  I'm sure ill have more to come.  May the Schwartz be with you!

mearline

wow! so glad i happened upon this site....   does anyone have a dry throat? i mean where its almost gagging?

I had that issue for about a day on day 18.

@mearline wrote:

wow! so glad i happened upon this site....   does anyone have a dry throat? i mean where its almost gagging?

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

How are you doing now @scottmackowski ?

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos