cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

raychel

Sinus troubles after quitting?

I have had the WORST sinus pain since I have quit smoking. While I was smoking I would get sinus pain as well that was one of the many reasons why I quit, one of the smaller reasons, but still a reason.

Now that I have quit it is worse than ever. My throat and ears have also been hurting a bit since I quit. I don't know if it is all the crap smoking put into my sinuses ect trying to work itself out or what but I am starting to get annoyed by having severe sinus pain & pressure every day.

Anybody else experience this? Suggestions for feeling better?
36 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

This topic brings a lot of people to the EX Community. From the view count it doesn't seem like much but I know it was a popular topic before we moved platforms. Since this actual thread just finally got moved recently it doesn't have a lot of views yet but it did have a lot of views on the temporary version I created until we waited for the actual thread to get moved over.

I'm curious now after some time has passed to hear from those who previously commented on this topic what they have as feedback for people who come here to the EX Community wanting to know more about what they're experiencing and what they might be able to do about it.  I would also love to hear from some people who found us who have this question.  Where are you at in your quit.  Have you seen your doctor? What are they recommending? What have you done to alleviate the problem? What worked? What didn't work?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Hi Mark.. I’m at 3 weeks and have zero cravings thankfully.. but sinus and chest congestion is pretty bad. I’ve read everything from 3 weeks to 10 years of this issue.. feeling frustrated.. any advice?

0 Kudos
Barbara145

Don't blame quitting, blame smoking.  When we smoke we destroy the epithilium (lining of our sinuses).  I found olive leaf helps a lot.  I use the nasal spray, throat spray and I take the oral supplement.  Seagate Products carry amazing products.  Very reasonably priced.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

raychel jim_taddeo Crystal-Echols sondra2 carole3 gypsytraveller1 5thtime2 mearline

Lots of people come from the search engines and land in this post. I'm wondering if you could comment now on how things have been since you last posted in this thread? What wisdom do you have to share?

If you're coming to us and this is the first post you're reading. Please join and post your story!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
umalala

I wanted to report that after being 3 years quit my sinuses have greatly improved.  Things were rough initially but I'm feeling very normal.

How is everyone else doing?

Umalala

Muhamed
Quit since 8/2/2017
If you like my reply smash the [kudos] button. I'm not an expert but I have successfully quit using this site. For that, I'm grateful. That is all.
Giulia

Nice to see you!  Doing well here.  

umalala

Coming up on 5 years and this was undoubtedly time well spent learning to quit. Devoting life to time without tobacco.

Muhamed
Quit since 8/2/2017
If you like my reply smash the [kudos] button. I'm not an expert but I have successfully quit using this site. For that, I'm grateful. That is all.
0 Kudos