cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nevergiveup

Side Effect of Chantix

So, this is my second attempt with Chantix. There are likely previous discussion on here about it...I honestly haven't tried searching for them. I'm okay taking the drug, but could use some pointers on dealing with the queasiness. Other people I've talked to who have take it, haven't experienced this particular side effect. Night time solution for me personally is going to bed immediately. Could use any suggestions for morning. I've tried eating substantially beforehand, doesn't help.

23 Replies
LauraSB

I am having the same problem...no nausea with pm dose if I take it just before bed. The morning dose however, nausea every time. I am on, I think day 67, and it's still the same  . I just tell myself "daily nausea vs. heart disease, cancer, smelling like smokes, etc." I took some Pepto Bismol just before the pill once and I think it worked, but I don't think you can just take Pepto Bismol every day either.

nevergiveup

Thanks for your message, Laura. After actually getting sick to my stomach

this weekend, I spoke to a pharmacist and backed down to 1/2 pill both AM &

PM. It was either that or off all together for me personally. Can tolerate

1/2 just fine, but not the whole dose.

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 1:45 PM laurasb <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
LauraSB

Hi nevergiveup,

I'm glad the 1/2 dose is working for you. I too requested to cut down to 1/2 dose and so far so good! Here's good luck to us! (I am hoping the 1/2 dose causes less irritability as well)

-Laura

Tabbiekat

When using Chantix I never took the full dose since it did work so well for me before going to two full pills. So I just stuck with the 1/2 dose am and pm. For me, I would drink  a full glass of water before I would eat, then half way through my meal I would take the pill with half a glass of water, finish eating and then finish the water. That combination of water & food is what kept the nausea feeling away.

Hold tight to your quit

Tabbie

0 Kudos