cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

erick2

Chantix users...Bad day or sign of side effects?

Im on day 11 of being smoke free and day 18 of being on Chantix. I have been feeling really great. No worries of anything until yesterday. I noticed a bad taste in my mouth, almost metallic. Today, I feel kinda "off" or "ADR" as we call it in the medical field meaning when you cant pinpoint the problem (meaning Aint Doing Right) lol. I dont know, maybe a little depressed or anxious. If you have or had these side effects my real question is do they last?

Thank you for the time!
0 Kudos
11 Replies
manofsteele

Hey Erick...

I don't know all the Chantix side effects. You might consider joining the Chantix EX's and asking that question in that area also since that group now has 300 members you might get some answers quicker and more accurate. You can click on their group icon. I think it should be on the right side of most pages on here and in the forum.

Keep your smoke free journey strong !
0 Kudos
manofsteele

Hey Erick...

I don't know all the Chantix side effects. You might consider joining the Chantix EX's and asking that question in that area also since that group now has 300 members you might get some answers quicker and more accurate. You can click on their group icon. I think it should be on the right side of most pages on here and in the forum.

Keep your smoke free journey strong !
0 Kudos
donna22

Hey Erik, I still have a slight taste in my mouth but not nearly as bad as it was...I'm not sure that's from the Chantix because I"ve heard others say they have a strange taste and they aren't taking Chantix.
Any side effects I had have pretty much stopped, I think the ADR could just be a side effect of not smoking like K Burd said. If this keeps up tho and you think you are getting worse as far as anxiety or depression then do call the Chantix helpline (or maybe give them a call now) and for sure talk to your Dr.
I quit taking the evening Chantix, mostly because I forgot to take it, and I am still just fine, so you might be able to cut down and see if that helps you , but do give them a call.....hope this helps a little...Donna
0 Kudos
erick2

How long have you been taking Chantix and when did you cut down to only once a day?
0 Kudos
donna22

I started it on May 27 and quit smoking on the 8th day, June 3. I just started taking one a day last week so that would be when I'd taken Chantix for about 1 month.
I've also seen people say they cut the pills in half and cut the dose that way, did this just start today or have you been feeling a little off for a while?
I would think most side effects would appear in the first doses and then either subside or in some cases not....
0 Kudos
erick2

My thoughts as well. Yeah, just started yesterday/today. I have read (somewhere on here) of a guy who got the side effects at like day 10/11 as well. Ill consider cutting my dose next week. Ill give it a few more days to see if my body can adjust. At times, I wonder if I even need it at all. Ive been tempted to just stop taking them against the advice. I the pill is helping way more than I think though...lol
0 Kudos
lynn5

Hi Erick. I am scared of Chantix for this reason. I am ADR frequently anyway so it especially wasn't good for me. Quitting alone can make you feel that way. If it doesn't get any better, you may want to talk to your doctor about it. Chantix has different affects on different people. Good luck!
0 Kudos
donna22

I've thought about not taking it also just because since cutting down to one I've been fine but I do not ever want to quit smoking again so I'm going to keep taking it for a while...hope it gets better for you soon
Have a nice week end
0 Kudos
erick2

Thank you Donna. You have a great weekend as well!
0 Kudos