cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

erick2

Chantix users...Bad day or sign of side effects?

Im on day 11 of being smoke free and day 18 of being on Chantix. I have been feeling really great. No worries of anything until yesterday. I noticed a bad taste in my mouth, almost metallic. Today, I feel kinda "off" or "ADR" as we call it in the medical field meaning when you cant pinpoint the problem (meaning Aint Doing Right) lol. I dont know, maybe a little depressed or anxious. If you have or had these side effects my real question is do they last?

Thank you for the time!
0 Kudos
11 Replies

Hey Erick,

I have felt ADR as well. It will go away and you will start feeling better. Just hang in there and don't smoke. FYI: Chantix seems to be well known for its side effects, which is why I decided on not taking them. I hope you are ok! Just try to get some rest, take a few deep breathes and think of pleasant thoughts, all will be ok! You will see!
0 Kudos

See I thought that as well. I was a hard smoker especially when Im stressed. I used the 7 mg patches (lowest does) for approx. a week, yet for the past week now no patch, no pill, nothing. See I told myself that if did without smoking as a kid, I can do this now as an adult. And everytime I wanted to smoke, I closed my eyes and remembered myself as a child and what it was like, NOT TO smoke. So I think your right about, if the pill is helping way more than you think, because I think you can do it on your own, especially if the pill is endorsing side effects. However if the pill is working, stick with what works, this is just my philosopy on whats helped me, maybe it will work for you. Good Luck! So where in the medical field are you? Respond back on my page,Im not sure how or when I will know that you will respond on here, I am very new to this site and still learning
0 Kudos