cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hollybug

Saving Money

when I quit smoking, I can use the extra money that I save to buy my kids some extra things that they want...and even be able to buy some new shoes and purses..they are my fav...maybe a lil to much...lol. Yeah, that sounds good...new shoes and handbags.....yyyeeeahhhhh!!!!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
49 Replies
cani

Just found Dave Ramsey in Feb so now that I'm thinking of quitting I was excited to see this topic but it doesn't seem like anyone is around here.
0 Kudos
brendalee

I quit smoking 1 week, 3 days, and 13 hours ago. Not long enough to save any big time cash but---it's getting there day by day! My chihuahua needs new clothes!

0 Kudos

I think you answered the ??? A vacation, or any old thing that feels right!!!

0 Kudos
sepp_d

I live in NYC and $7.79 is a distant memory here.The last pack I bought on New Years Eve cost me $10.06.I was averaging a pack and a half to two packs a day depending on my boredom or stress level at work.

$20.12 a day to donate to Phillip Morris and their death on layaway plan? Really?

What the heck were we thinking?

0 Kudos
pawndave

I told myself  i was going to quit when they hit 5 bucks a pack. Im just a few years late i guess. 10.06, yikes!! I can only imagine how much they are in an airport in NY.

0 Kudos
mntony

I'm going to buy myself a nice expensive watch (Tag Heuer) over $2K

It's deliberately a lot of money - to remind me everytime I look at it. How expensive cigarrettes are and what I have accomplished with quitting them - It's also a divers watch (I love to SCUBA) So it reminds me I can get more air / dive time, because I have healthier lungs. It's also my carrott, because I have made a deal with myself that when I smoke a cigarrette again, the next day I will sell and loose the type of watch I always wanted, but could never afford (but i could always afford them damn cigarrettes)

0 Kudos
pawndave

That is awesome, i think we should all set our sights on something that we have wanted, but didnt have the money for, like the scuba watch. Or some sort of techno Gadget or something.  Find someone that you see daily, and can trust. A coworker or spouse or somebody bigger then you who wont give you the money back regardless of what you say or act. Or open a seperate savings account dedicated just to the smoke money. Then on your one year quit date aniversary have them give that money to you. I think you'll be suprised when you see how much money you will have saved. Then take that money and go buy YOURSELF something really nice, because will have deserved it.

0 Kudos
laney4

I'll be taking a train ride to Boston and driving to Cape Cod in summer or early fall.  I  have always wanted to visit New England and I love traveling.

0 Kudos
hope2bex

9.00 a pack here in rhode island, one pack a day (at least) 7 days a week...63.00 a week..thats over 250.00 a month...i may be able to afford that new car after all...im on day 5 and still fighting...keep swinging everybody, even if down on one knee keep swinging

0 Kudos