cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hollybug

Saving Money

when I quit smoking, I can use the extra money that I save to buy my kids some extra things that they want...and even be able to buy some new shoes and purses..they are my fav...maybe a lil to much...lol. Yeah, that sounds good...new shoes and handbags.....yyyeeeahhhhh!!!!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
49 Replies
lizrizzo

Just Calculated and counted $210.00 saved so far by not smoking

Great idea.
I stopped smoking other times but now i do that for the very first time.

i have saved allready 32 euro, i live in Greece !

exsmokermom

My tip is to treat cravings like a child throwing a temper. Ignore it and it will stop. After awhile, they eventually go away.  Also use straws. I don't know how many straws I went through, but they work.

0 Kudos
kimster6102

I plan on putting all the money I spend on cigarettes into a big jar so I can take my son on vacation before schol starts!  (I just started this program btw.. a little scared here.. )

lynae

Money is my motivation and I will gladley take all the health benifits that go along with it !! It is day 3 for me.

candylance

My husband corrected me and told me that a rounded off number for the month would be $100.00!! YAY!!

0 Kudos
candylance

Thus far, with 2 weeks @ $35 per week, that would be $70!! So for 4 weeks, I'm seeing $140.00, RIGHT?? I don't think my Hubby wants me to mess with the bank account. I'll call them right now!!

0 Kudos

Candy,

I'm not very good at math myself, but you originally stated that you saved $35.00/month.

Did you mean $35.00/week?  If you were spending $35.00/week on cigarettes as of your forever quit, then yes, your savings are $140.00/month.

Hope that helps.  I can see why your Hubby doesn't want you messing with the bank accounts.  ; )

0 Kudos
candylance

Have called the bank, and they are starting to take $135.00 out of our checking account monthly. I will surprise Hubby and pay personal property and VA taxes next year. Love to see his face when I surprise him monetarily!! That's $1620!! I love it!! Merry Christmas next year!!

Candy     365    DOF

0 Kudos
candylance

I have 84 days now and $270 in the bank. The deposit goes in on the 5th of the month so as of February 5, I will have $405!! YAY!!! My money grows as my quit grows!!!

0 Kudos