cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Rashy

Quitting Zyn

Today is day five on NRT (nicoderm patch 21 mg) and since my last zyn pouch. Prior to my quit date, I was using about 3/4th to a full can per day. I had been using consistently for one year.

I am a university student and most of my work revolves around research and writing. While at first the pouches served as a performance enhancer- significantly improving my attention and focus during work-  before I knew it, I was completely dependent on this stuff to get anything done, even a simple email. And shortly after that, I needed a pouch in my mouth to feel attentive and confident in social settings. At this point, I found myself using zyn throughout the day, even when watching netflix or stuff on youtube. I want to quit because I hate the idea that I've lost all control and have become fully dependent on this crap. I don't like that I need use to feel normal, good, and "like myself".

While the NRT has been helping with the cravings and withdrawal, I have been waking up throughout the night usually around 2 or 3 am- so perhaps I am not getting the best quality of sleep right now. The poor sleep is making the daytime fatigue even worse. Since my quite date, today's been the roughest. I'm low energy and mood, unmotivated, bored, and feeling a little lonely. This sucks because I have so much school work to do and am falling behind. Maybe this wasn't the best time to quit, but I'm 5 days in already and don't want to turn back. Hopefully, my motivation and attention improve during week 2... Thought I'd share my experience since I found reading up on others' posts helpful. 

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Barbscloud

@Rashy Welcome to the Ex. Sorry, it seems that your post was missed, but don't worry, we're here to support you.   What you described about being unable to sleep, low mood, etc. are common withdrawal symptoms and will gradually declines.   Hang in there, it will get better.

Congrats on 9 days I believe.  You survived that first week which  is a major accomplishment.  Keep moving forward one day at a time.

Barb

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Rashy How are you doing?

Barb

0 Kudos
anelson1843

Quitting ZYN is not easy.  I have tried and failed twice.  I am on day 2 of my third and hopefully final attempt.  For me, the first 4-5 days are awful and then things get a little easier.  I literally am taking in minute right now.  Hang in there, don;'t bend, don't budge, you'll get through it!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone. We just released some new content on Quitting Zyn and other oral nicotine pouches 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos