cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Quiting zyn. The dumbest thing to be addicted to

Most my freinds use zyn. I never even thought about it becoming a problem because, it's literally the dumbest thing you could be addicted to. I have a terribly addictive personality and have been an addict my whole life. I never thought that nicotine would be an issue for me because my dad chews skol and it has always discgusted me.

Flash forward a couple years and here I am using these dumb nicotine pouches off and on and lieing to my wife about it. I have gotten off them some months back, but picked up a can because "who would ever find out". Well my **bleep** thought I could use them in front of her and she wouldn't notice. What a terrible thing to do to your wife.

So here I am making a commitment to leaving these stupid pointless addiction pouches behind me. I'm making a plan. I'm going to find a good book about quitting nicotine and I'm going to read it. I'm going to use an accountability app. Most of all I'm going to talk to my partner about things that I shouldn't try to hide. Thanks for anyone that took the time to read this. If you have any tips, please send them my way. 

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Barbscloud

@nathanielosburn Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  There really isn't one source of nicotine to be addicted to that is dumber than another.   The process to quit is the same. 

Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  Many have found success with knowledge and preparation.   It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful.  In addiction to some aids, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit.  For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too.  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.  Have you given any thought to using quit aid?  There are many options. 

Start your day by taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Pick a quit date if you haven't done so already, prepare for your for quit and begin your journey.

Here are some posts recently published by the Mayo clinic that you find helpful to help with your quit.

https://www.becomeanex.org/quitting-zyn-and-other-oral-nicotine-pouches/

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/t5/Mayo-Clinic-Blog/Nicotine-Pouch-Products-More-than-just-nicoti...

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
biscuit9

You mentioned a book, so have you read Allen Carr's book, Easyway to Quit Smoking?  I read the book about two weeks into my quit and it  helped with my attitude towards quitting nicotine.  You can definitely do this.  You might do a search on this site, zyn, and I am sure someone has dealt with this same nicotine addiction.

0 Kudos
jessiemyree11

Hey! Just wanted to let you know, quitting nicotine of any kind is so hard but with continuous practice you’ll get it! I vaped, quit vaping for months until I was around a bunch of people that did it, now vaping again. I have a quit date for this Sunday so I’m just going to jump back on because I’ve seen myself go through the struggle of not having that crutch. And I encourage you to do the same. I know vaping is different but the addiction is real, and I as well have an addictive personality so I understand this. Best advice I can give you is never beat yourself up if you fall off track, keep jumping back on, you’re trying and that’s where it starts!!! Another thing is trying to avoid places you would purchase the pouches. I literally don’t even look at my normal vape store when I pass by. My husband usually buys one so that’s why I have it. If you buy at gas stations, I would honestly try to pay with debit card at the pump.
with addictions, we have to remove ourselves from we normally get it. Seriously, this helps!
Allow yourself to feel life without nicotine! It’s a beautiful place! I’m in it with you!