cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Quit more times than I have started

Im here to try and quit smoking for the very last time, smoking has started to take a toll on my physical health, to the point where now i get sick more than twice a month, and smoking isn’t worth losing my job or getting kicked out of my college. 

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Barbscloud

@raenorshyne777 Welcome to the ex and congrats on your decision to quit.

You can win that internal battle by educating yourself about nicotine addiction and putting a plan in place with how you'll deal with cravings, identifying your triggers and creating the new associations you'll create instead of smoking. This comes into play when you're having cravings in the morning. What can you do instead of smoking? Change up your routine. Go for walk, read material on the Ex, if you drink coffee, for example, drink it in a different place, etc. Be creative.

And you just found an amazing group of quitters here to support you on this journey to becoming an Ex. There will be ups and downs, but that is part of the journey. We're here for you, so just reach out anytime we can help or want to share your experience.

This link is a great place to get you started on the right track. https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Consider taking the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.

Look forward to celebrating this journey with you tomorrow.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

biscuit9

Glad you want to stop vaping, all of us here have walked in your shoes.  My choice was cigarettes, but it's all nicotine.  You are in college, so you know you have to study, in order to be successful.  Now take the time to learn how to quit smoking, so you can be successful at that.  You have a nicotine addiction.  You are a nicotine addict.  Do the reading necessary to learn HOW nicotine addicts you, it is not by accident.  Once you decide how you will quit (NRTs, cut straws, twizzlers, hard candy), then you can move forward and set a quit date.  Quitting "on the fly" has never, ever worked for me and has never, ever worked for you, either.  You have to have a plan for when the cravings hit you....very important.

Barbscloud

@raenorshyne777 So how is it going? Have you been reading material on the site to prepare for your quit?  You can do this and we're here to support you.

Barb