Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lois2

Quitters in Their 50's

Still smoke free, we have a strong quit going on,
Tags (1)
1,125 Replies
tom8

Hello everyone I am still with you all what a great Christmas gift to us and our families by quiting smoking I know my wife is very happy to see I made it this far 5 days and 22 hours only couple more hours I have made it 6 days taking one hour and one day at a time

Wishing you all the Best

Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas to All and to All and Smoke Free and healthier New Year

Tom

0 Kudos
lois2

HI TOM you are almost threw hello  week as some of us call it, you are doing great, hang in there, when you need to VENT come here, we will listen ok good luck,

0 Kudos
Susan57

Good Morning,

How are you all doing? I am doing well, a little early in the am here, we are taking our friends to the train station and it is an early one, on the way back I will be stopping for the early morning walk. Today is Senior day at the Murray Center, I help out in the kitchen for a couple of hours.

I will talk with you all later. Have a good day, NOT ONE PUFF, Have a good day, Cheers, Susan

0 Kudos
janis3

HEY FOLKS! this is the first time i have looked into EX  and i am wondering if I CAN do it! i am 57 been smoking for 40 years, and now i have a kidney problem and some other issues, im really scared.........the person whom i live with is NOT supportive, i think it is because he is big time smoker W/O health issues so far!! (ah not yet but someday)

i got on this site and he freaked ............. it kinda blew me away HOWEVER, im damned determined to DO this im tired of hurtin!! sooooooooooooooo see u guys soon

going to go and write down my pros and cons about my ADDITION .................. peace 🙂 janis

0 Kudos
cosmoqueen

Is anyone else here having trouble with major anxiety?  I am so hyper that I'm driving myself crazy.  I take xanax for panic attacks and once and a while it calms me down but not always.  Also, I have turned into a major heavy duty drinker and blacking out.  I'm consuming 2 bottles of wine a night, or a 12 pack of beer.  Please - any advise is welcomed!!

0 Kudos
cosmoqueen

Welcome Janis, I have the same thing going on, my boyfriend has smoked even longer than me and he is not being totally supportive either.  He is smoking outside my apt. now as I told him he had to.  I can't stand the smell of smoke anymore and I'm working on cleaning up all the gross nicotine stained walls, furniture, etc.  That, along with holidays, is keeping me very busy, which is good.  I seem to have incredible energy - and having a hard time sleeping, waking up a lot, having to pee like 3 times a night...back pain in my right side when I sleep...worried about what that might be.  And, I'm drinking way too much and blacking out.  My boyfriend asked me if I was alright this morning and I said yes, why?  He didn't answer and just walked out the door.  I have a bad feeling that I said some nasty things to him but I don't remember a thing - things are getting out of hand and I don't know what to do.

0 Kudos
lois2

Don't Drink, drinking will make you want to smoke, how many smoke free days do you have?

0 Kudos
pandora2

I have read the posts and believe this is the group for me.  I am 57, smoked for 46 years, and quit 4 days ago.  Right now, I don't want a cigarette.  That could change any minute.  I have many health problems, breathing, diabetes, high BP, and overweight.  I am working on a major plan to cut out some of the medications I am taking.  I have set a goal of Jan, 2011 to take inventory of what I am able to accomplish.  

beejabee, like you I am not much of a chatter, but I will give you some encouragement.  It's never too late and some of the benefits are immediate.  

0 Kudos
Susan57

Good Morning,

How is every one doing? You are all strong willed and smoke free, this is good.

When I first stopped smoking this was a tough road and in the evening I would have 2 glasses of wine, after stopping smoking this got to be 3 glasses and decided it was time to stop drinking all together. This was the best move I could have ever made. Smoking and drinking go hand in hand and decided to let both go and feel much better for it.

In the beginning it was no cake walk for me, I had a very bad attitude, hated everyone, the language was the worst part, all of a sudden I would have sudden outbursts of disgusting language with the bad attitude. I am very surprised my husband remained with me. I knew this was not going to be easy and offered to leave for about a month while giving up the nicotine, he would not hear of it! I am so sorry my husband had to listen to my crap ( durning the initial quit ) and anyone else that crossed my path. When giving up the smoking it is like giving up your best friend, that has a gun to your brain the whole time! That's right look at it that way, because that's the truth.

Now life is good, I walk in the am about 3 miles and I have calmed down and feel great. I would not even consider smoking again, ever, ever, Have a good day,

Cheers, Susan

0 Kudos
charliegirl

hHi I am trying this and I sure hope this works I think I have tried about every thing ther is. I am 50 yrs old and have smoked since my EARLY teens. I have tried many times and failed right now my family smokes and it is really hard. I think I worry about waght lets face it i am heavy as it stands but is I remember right you only gain about 10 pounds or so.My quit date is my b-day dec.22 I hope it is the best present I can give myself.

0 Kudos