Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lois2

Quitters in Their 50's

Still smoke free, we have a strong quit going on,
Tags (1)
1,125 Replies
lois2

THANKS susan, it is a big chang, but it does feel good, it will be5 months the28 wow, did not think i could do it, thanks to GOD friends, and chantix, i did, hi marie,.

0 Kudos
lois2

i know it is a first thanksgiving being smoke free for a lot of us, HANG IN THERE, we c an do this, boy did i want a beer and cig, to day,i am going to have to turn a page if i want to stay smoke free, hugs

0 Kudos
marie23

Lois, I had a few beers today but no cigs. I was thinking how this is going to be the first smoke=free Thanksgiving for a lot of us. Good for us another milestone we are reaching. Hope you and yours have a wonderful Holiday.

0 Kudos
Susan57

Happy Thanksgiving to all my email friends who are in the same situation as myself, a SMOKE FREE THANKSGIVING!:) I wish you all a wonderful day, who ever you spend the day with.

Yesterday my husband and I helped serve diner to 150 people at the senior center, we enjoyed seeing all the people enjoying such a wonderful diner.

Happy Thanksgiving,

cheers, Susan      NOT ONE PUFF,

0 Kudos
lois2

i drink one beer to day, but no cigs,WOW, i had a good thanksgiving, i did not smoke,Susan sounds like you and hubby was busy it feels good to help others,

0 Kudos
Susan57

Good Morning,

You are all probably off shopping, the stores open early this morning, ' black friday '. I have done most of my shopping during the year, just need a couple more things and that is that. This morning I am going to look at some hand made sweaters, our complex had a craft fair and I brought a few handmade sweaters and found I am 1 short, the person who makes the sweaters invited me over between 9 and 10 too look at a couple she has, hopefully the last sweater will be found!

We work at the Senior Center 1 day a week Lois, Hubby delivers Meals on Wheels Fridays and I serve lunch on Tuesdays. I am glad you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving, this morning I am going to try and walk some of it off! Have a good day, Cheers, Susan

0 Kudos
lois2

Susan, iam not walking much, i am going to stay busy, and may be i will feel better, my moods are bad,

0 Kudos
Susan57

Good Morning,

The weekend following Thanksgiving, the stores are crazy, we are staying out of them for now.

Lois, my moods were foul as well, I began taking vitamin b-12 and this did help. Just one a day, seems as we age the b's are what we lose, why? This I cannot answer, they are helping me loads, you may want to give this a try. This morning I do not walk.

It is very hard to believe that today is day 91 for not smoking, I am very happy about that, no drinking either and I feel terrific about that too. Have a good day, NOT ONE PUFF, Cheers, Susan

0 Kudos
marie23

Hi Everyone Hope all are well. I too take the vitamin B stress complex it really  helps alot. I think you should try it Lois you are too sweet not to feel happy. Great Job with you quit. I am sure will will all be ringing in the New Year as Non Smokers who would have thought Good for us!!!!!!

0 Kudos
jewey1

I am 52 , male, and happy ex smoker, about 6 weeks now and hopefully for good. After 32 years of moderate to heavy smoking this is believe it or not my first major attempt to quit. On patch and doing fine and plan to come off patch by New Years and be nicotine free for first time since I was 20 years old. Also am on diet and somewhat aggressive exercise program, walking alot and weight training and feel great. Also have alot of stressed out people around at work and home who are not very supportive but I will make it . Really need to and am determined. Would really appreciate support from some of you who really understand .

0 Kudos