cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
tyler59

What a excellent group...very excited to read the posts and post a few myself...Being a Non-smoker is a beautiful thing...I am excited and happy for all the quitters!!!!!!

0 Kudos
tyler59

"A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, and it sparks extraordinary results."

0 Kudos

I prefer life over death. I refuse to give over to smoking.  I cancel smoking out of my life.  I am smoke free and craving free from nicotine.  I love fresh air and abhor cigarettes.     Every day in every way the amount of nicotine in my body is becoming lesser and lesser and my lungs are becoming cleaner and cleaner.  I inhale clean air devoid of cigarette smoke and exhale used air.  I am a quitter on smoking. As a result, all my senses are in their perfect condition.  I am robust and healthy. I repel cigarettes and smoking does not attract me.  I successfully quit smoking. I am now healthier, happier and relaxed.  I am now free of smoking. My blood pressure is normal, my heart is healthier and I am happy.  I choose health over smoking, freedom over addiction and happiness over depression.  Every new day takes me away from smoking and towards a new, healthier me.  I love myself more than I love smoking. I say yes to life and no to smoking. I love fresh air and detest smoking.  I hereby release any need to smoke and accept smoke free life with open arms.

just a little ditty a wrote a very long time ago:  A person who you met, impacts your life, stays in your memory, a person who you wish you never met, who you will love forever and who will never love you back. Lesson in life, a person who has touched your life, your soul, your being, whoever they are, they have met you for a reason, feel lucky for that moment, learn and remember fondly because that person has made a difference somehow, good or bad.

RBetrice

Hello everyone,  this is more difficult than I expected.  I started smoking 25 yrs ago and stopped many times and restarted many times.  Each time I stopped I barely went through withdrawals and within a month smoking didn't cross my mind.  Each time I restarted happened to be at some social gathering after bout a a year or two of not smoking.  However, this time I decided I wanted to stop smoking an make it a life long change.  

Why did I decide to quit, because 

1.  I was accousted and yelled at twice while smoking in a designated smoking area -- the first time I told the non-smoker he should not be in the smoking area -- why come to the smoking area to yell at me --- I still don't understand.  The second time it happened, I just froze -- utterly stunned however, my husband was with me and he yelled, a stranger saw what was happening and quickly ran to get nearby security officer.  -- once again I still don't understand why people are on the verge of phsyically assulting me because of smoking.  

Anyhow, On July 25th I went to the dentist my anual dental appoint and found out I need quite a bit of work done.  The dentists basically said it is pointless to do the work since I am a smoker ---- to sum it up.   This angered me, I need the dental work, smoking did not cause the problem -- he already established this fact.  So why is it pointless to do the work why are you speaking to me this way!  So I angrily said -- I will just quit -- I will just do what I have to do!  In order to move forward with the treatment plan.

As of now, I am down from 1 1/2 packs per day to between 1 - 5 a day.  

I am having extreme difficulty with the morning cigarette and smoking as result of something stressfull.  Therefore, I joined this group in hopes of success on this journey.

The symptoms I am experiencing:  I am darn near irrate at times.  I don't like how the behavorial change is effecting my 10 year old.  He is my biggest fan -- yet he has to see mommy loosing her mind over simple stuff... I don't know what to do.  I need to quit smoking and rid myself of this emotional/psychological crutch.  (curse)  

For the first time in my life -- I don't like the person it has turned me into -- crying for no reason, yelling at the slightest things, always on edge.   This did not happen the previous times I quit -- this was not something I expected.  The previous quit times went flawlessly.   

I have never set a goal for myself and failed to achieve it --- I don't want this to be the first goal I do not achieve.  I am scared this time --- I am worried -- I actually need help achieving this goal.  For the first time, I can not do this alone.  

JACKIE1-25-15

Word you speak determine your destiny

Today I will keep my heatlh strong

Today I will protect my quit

today I will chose wisely

Daniela2016

Image result for positive affirmations about yourself

Giulia

ardor

I just signed up for this today. I set my Quit smoking date.  I am scared.  I do not want ot fail.  But I live in a house with someone who smokes.  I do not know how I am going to do this.  I wat to live and not die.  I want to be there for my little niece and family.  I want to stop smelling like an Ash Tray.  It is so hard.  My set quit date is in 13 days.  I am not only a smoker but a drinker.  I want to quit both. If someone could be my support system  and help me I have no one who can support me at hoe with these issues. please  send me a message if you can.  I need all the help I can get. Pray for me and help me. 

Legend

I need to come here and read when I feel down it has a lot of good vibes in this group.  

0 Kudos