cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
Giulia

Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion.  You must set yourself on fire.  (Arnold Glasgow)

=============

I found that every single successful person I’ve ever spoken to had a turning point and the turning point was where they made a clear, specific, unequivocal decision that they were not going to live like this anymore. Some people make that decision at 15 and some people make it at 50 and most never make it at all.  (Brian Tracy)

0 Kudos
Giulia

"When you lose, don’t lose the lesson. If you lose what you have learned not to do, you will be doomed to repeat it. More importantly, however, do fear failure. Failure is the precursor to success. Hardly any great thing that you wish to accomplish will come without failure. This ties back to the rule of risk mentioned above."

0 Kudos
Giulia

"SOMETIMES THE MOST VALUABLE LESSONS COME FROM PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T INTEND TO GIVE THEM."

"The will to do springs from the knowledge that we can do."

- James Allen

"Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are."

- Malcolm S. Forbes

"That kind of life is most happy which affords us most opportunities of gaining our own esteem."

- Samuel Johnson

"Nothing profits more than self-esteem, grounded on what is just and right."

- John Milton

"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission."

- Eleanor Roosevelt

"The man who trims himself to suit everybody will soon whittle himself away."

- Charles Schwab

"The foundation of lasting self-confidence and self esteem is excellence, mastery of your work."

- Brian Tracy

"Trust yourself, then you will know how to live."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"The average estimate themselves by what they do, the above average by what they are."

- Johann Friedrich Von Schiller

"To establish true self-esteem we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives."

- Denis Waitley

"Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish."

- Sam Walton

"There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self."

- Hindu Proverb

"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."

- Aldous Huxley

"Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable."

- Zig Ziglar

"Respect yourself if you would have others respect you."

- Baltasar Gracian

"Self pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in the world."

- Helen Keller

"Self-pity gets you nowhere. One must have the adventurous daring to accept oneself as a bundle of possibilities and undertake the most interesting game in the world making the most of one's best."

- Harry Emerson Fosdick

"Self-respect is the fruit of discipline: the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself."

- Abraham Heschel

"Self-respect permeates every aspect of your life."

- Joe Clark

"Someone's opinion of you does not have to become your reality."

- Les Brown

"Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can."

- Richard Bach

"A person's worth in this world is estimated according to the value they put on themselves."

- Jean De La Bruyere

"Every new adjustment is a crisis in self-esteem."

- Eric Hoffer

"First thing every morning before you arise say out loud, "I believe," three times."

- Norman Vincent Peale

"I am sure it is one's duty as a teacher to try to show boys that no opinions, no tastes, no emotions are worth much unless they are one's own. I suffered acutely as a boy from the lack of being shown this."

- A. C. Benson

"If you put a small value on yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price."

- Unknown Author

"Let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized."

- Albert Einstein

"Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on."

- Maxwell Maltz

"Never think that you're not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. People will take you very much at your own reckoning."

- Anthony Trollope

0 Kudos
vanlil

What a wonderful Group................I am a firm believer of being Grateful.

To me if I keep my attitude that of GRATITUDE I know I will make it quitting cigarettes. 

God did not make JUNK - I am not JUNK

I am so grateful to have found this support group............tomorrow 32 days of not smoking after 63 yrs. of having that shortcoming habit. 

Feeling good - yeah some craves - but I am grateful that I finally SURRENDERED.

Lillian

vanlil

I might not be PERFECT - but part of me is EXCELLENT!!!!

Happy to be a non-smoker for 40 days.

LIllian

KMC56

We ALL need to step, leap in this positive direction.  I am so great full to be smoke free, and will continue to do so in a position manner...what ever life bumps in the road may hold.  I have new trend in my tires!!!!

bethomrod

awesomeness    all of you

0 Kudos
JustSharon