cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies

Watch your thoughts; they become words.

Watch your words; they become actions.

Watch your actions; they become habits.

Watch your habits; they become character.

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny. 

- Frank Outlaw

“What we see depends mainly on what we look for.” - Sir John Lubbock 

“There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to 

one who is striking at the root.” -Henry David Thoreau

“The Light is more than some abstract, unknowable energy force. Light is Truth. If Light is truth, then darkness must be lies. Each and every lie we tell to ourselves and others casts the shadow of separation upon us. Every time even the most minor deception is revealed and the truth is made known we are re-united with the Light. So, Let there be Light. Those are the words by which you can create your own magnificent world.” - Renee Bledsoe

“We know truth, not only by reason, but also by the heart.” 

-Blaise Pascal (1723-1662)

“The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.” - Charles Du Bos

“You become what you behold.” -William Blake

“And before my Soul took me to task I was hard of hearing; 

I heard only tumult and uproar. But now I am all ears listening to the silence and its choirs singing the hymns of time, intoning the praises of the firmament, revealing the secrets of the invisible.” - Kahlil Gibran

0 Kudos

“Life is a process. We are a process. The universe is a process.” - Anne Wilson Schaef, Ph.D.

“'Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of the Universe. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of god which is within us. It is not in just some of us, it is in all of us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fears, our presence automatically liberates others.” 

- Marianne Williamson, Excerpt from "A Return to Love"

“It is possible to be different and still be all right. There can be two -- or more -- answers to the same question, and all can be right.” - Anne Wilson Schaef, Ph.D.

“What happens to a man is less significant than what happens within him.” - Louis L. Mann

"As you more fully establish the connection of your head to your heart, you will fall deeply in love with yourself. You will  love yourself, not in a narcissistic way that is only reflected back to you from the outside world, but in a way that comes from the inside out. It is then that you are open to loving others in just this same way. And that is when doing harm to yourself (body, mind and soul) or to others is not an option.” - Renee Bledsoe

“Truth is one, the sages speak of it by many names.” - Joseph Campbell

0 Kudos

“Tell me and I forget; show me and I remember; involve me and I understand.” - unknown

“The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm. - unknown

“Everyone's life is an object lesson to others.” - Karl G. Maeser

“Man is the mirror God holds up to himself, the sense organ with which he apprehends his being.” - Carl Jung

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned,

so as to accept the life that is waiting for us.” -Joseph Campbell

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

“There is a time to let things happen, and a time to make things happen.” - unknown

To everything there is a season,

a time for every purpose under the sun.

A time to be born and a time to die;

a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

a time to kill and a time to heal ...

a time to weep and a time to laugh;

a time to mourn and a time to dance ...

a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;

a time to lose and a time to seek;

a time to rend and a time to sew;

a time to keep silent and a time to speak;

a time to love and a time to hate;

a time for war and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 

“There’s nothing you can do that’s more important than being fulfilled. You become a sign, you become a signal, transparent to transcendence; in this way, you will find, live, and become a realization of your own personal myth.” ~Joseph Campbell

“The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed.”  - Lloyd Jones 

“Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him.” - Aldous Huxley

“One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in.” - Wayne Gretzky

“Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” 

- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. 

“The more often a man feels without acting, the less he'll be able to act. And in the long run, the less he'll be able to feel.”

- C.S. Lewis

“If I am not for myself, who will be? And if I am for myself alone, then what am I? And if not now, when?”

- Rabbi Hillel, Pirke Avot 1:14

For all sad words of tongue and pen,

The saddest are these,

'It might have been'.

- John Greenleaf Whittier

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”  - Mahatma Gandhi 

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”

- Margaret Mead 

“And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.” - Abraham Lincoln

“Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life.” - Burton Hills

“Luck is when opportunity knocks, and you answer.” - unknown

“Example sheds a genial ray which men are apt to borrow,

so first improve yourself today, and then your friends tomorrow.” - unknown

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” -Martin Luther King Jr.

“Your thoughts are the architects of your destiny.” - David O. McKay

“Men's natures are alike, it is their habits that carry them far apart.” - Confuscious

“The components of anxiety, stress, fear, and anger do not exist independently of you in the world. They simply do not exist in the physical world, even though we talk about them as if they do.” - Dr. Wayne Dyer

“All our philosophy is as dry as dust if it is not immediately translated into some act of living service.” - Mahatma Gandhi

“Environment is of supreme importance. It is greater than will power.” - Paramhansa Yogananda

“When a man finds no peace within himself, it is useless to seek it elsewhere.” - L. A. Rouchefolicauld

“The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but reveal to them their own.” - Benjamin Disraeli 

“The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul.” - David O. McKay

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who had endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei

“Everyone has his custom, his religion. One cannot reach so great a secret by one way alone.” - Symmachus, 384 C.E. 

“I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire 

0 Kudos

“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. 

“Each time someone stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”  - Robert F. Kennedy

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

“It is not length of life, but depth of life.”  - Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Truth always rests with the minority, and the minority is always stronger than the majority, because the minority is generally formed by those who really have an opinion, while the strength of a majority is illusory, formed by the gangs who have no opinion—and who, therefore, in the next instant (when it is evident that the minority is the stronger) assume its opinion ... while Truth again reverts to a new minority.”

- Soren Kierkegaard

“People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life. I don't think that's what we're really seeking. I think that what we're seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonances within our innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive.” -Joseph Campbell

“Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.” - Dr. Dale Turner

“The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.”

- unknown

“Everything you are against weakens you. Everything you are for empowers you.” - Dr. Wayne Dyer

“What comes out of you when you are squeezed is what is inside of you.” - Dr. Wayne Dyer

“Having observed the forces of all things natural and celestial and having examined by painstaking investigation the sympathy among those things, brings into the open powers hidden and stored away in nature; thus, magic links lower things (as if they were magical enticements) to the gifts of higher things...so that astonishing miracles thereby occur.” 

- Giambattista della Porta (1535-1615), Natural Magick

0 Kudos
Giulia

[Not sure where to put this, Thomas (as a blog?  Discussion?)  If you want it in a different place, just tell me.  It's not exactly an affirmation.]

The Buzzard, the Bat & the Bumble Bee

If you put a BUZZARD
in a pen 6 feet by 8 feet
entirely open at the top,
the bird, in spite of its ability to fly,
will be an absolute prisoner.

The reason is that a buzzard always
begins a flight from the ground
with a run of 10 to 12 feet.

Without space to run, as is its habit,
it will not even attempt to fly,
but will remain a prisoner for life
in a small jail with no top.

The ordinary BAT
that flies around at night,
a remarkable nimble creature in the air,
cannot take off from a level place.

If it is placed on the floor or flat ground,
all it can do is shuffle about helplessly
and, no doubt, painfully,
until it reaches some slight elevation
from which it can throw itself into the air.

Then, at once, it takes off like a flash.

The BUMBLE BEE,
if dropped into an open tumbler,
will be there until it dies,
unless it is taken out.

It never sees the means
of escape at the top,
but persisits in trying
to find some way out
through the sides
near the bottom.

It will seek a way where none exists,
until it completely destroys itself.

In many ways, we PEOPLE are like
the BUZZARD, the BAT, and
the BUMBLE BEE.

We struggle about with all
our problems and frustrations,
never realizing
that all we have to do
is look up!

That’s the answer,
the escape route,
the solution
to any problem. . .

JUST LOOK UP!

louannquitter

0 Kudos
louannquitter

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/svlumagraphica/svlumagraphica0809/svlumagraphica080900428/3619137-street-post-with-accomplishment-blvd-and-mission-st-signs.jpg

0 Kudos
louannquitter

"A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner." —English proverb

0 Kudos
louannquitter

If this isn't motivation...I don't know what is..ewww

0 Kudos
louannquitter

happiness quote

0 Kudos