cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies

"We do  not quit playing because we grow old,
we grow old because we quit  playing."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

0 Kudos
larambarbosa

Yesturday was day 1 for me. I am excited to a new breath easier, non smelling, new life. I am over 40 and started smoking at the age of 14. So this will be extra hard. I am using lollypops, patches, and exercise. I have a great dtr who is my greatest support system.

0 Kudos
macmann

today was my planned day to stop. i still have all intentions on stopping today.

0 Kudos

"There's only one way to succeed in anything and that is 
to give everything." 
- Vince Lombardi 

0 Kudos

VALENTINE FOR YOU!

"Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."

Franklin P. Jones

“One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love.”

Sophocles

"The one thing we can never get enough of is love. And the one thing we can never give enough of is love."

Henry Miller

"Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place."

Zora Neale Hurston

“True love stories never have endings”

Richard Bach

"Where there is love there is life."

Mahatma Gandhi

"Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein

“To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.”

Brandi Snyder

"There is no remedy for love but to love more."

Henry David Thoreau

"Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."

Robert Heinlein

"Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart."

Washington Irving

“Love is the hardest habit to break, and the most difficult to satisfy.”

Drew Barrymore

“Love is more than a noun—it is a verb; it is more than a feeling—it is caring, sharing, helping, sacrificing.”

William Arthur Ward

“True love doesn't come to you, it has to be inside you.”

Julia Roberts

0 Kudos

Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.  ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Courage is reckoned the greatest of all virtues; because, unless a man has that virtue, he has no security for preserving any other.  ~Samuel Johnson  

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.  ~Ambrose Redmoon

Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every day you either see a scar or courage.  Where you dwell will define your struggle.  ~Dodinsky

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.  ~Winston Churchill

Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.  ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Courage is doing what you're afraid to do.  There can be no courage unless you're scared.  ~Edward Vernon Rickenbacker

Courage can't see around corners, but goes around them anyway.  ~Mignon McLaughlin

Sometimes the biggest act of courage is a small one.  ~Lauren Raffo

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.  ~C.S. Lewis

The courage of life is often a less dramatic spectacle than the courage of a final moment; but it is no less a magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy.  ~John F. Kennedy

Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.  ~Raymond Lindquist

Courage, in the final analysis, is nothing but an affirmative answer to the shocks of existence.  ~Kurt Goldstein

No one has yet computed how many imaginary triumphs are silently celebrated by people each year to keep up their courage.  ~Henry S. Haskins

For without belittling the courage with which men have died, we should not forget those acts of courage with which men have lived.  ~John F. Kennedy

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  ~Dorothy Bernard

Courage is to feel the daily daggers of relentless steel and keep on living.  ~Douglas Malloch

Have the courage to live.  Anyone can die.  ~Robert Cody

0 Kudos

"The greatest mistake you can make in
life is to be continually fearing 
you will make one." 

0 Kudos

He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son!   Colossians 1:13

0 Kudos
TheNewMe_Jo

I am in the process of positive change. Louise Hay

Someone told me about this gal... check her out... she's amazing!

0 Kudos

Louise Hay

"No matter what the problem is, our experiences are just outer effects of inner thoughts."

"Love is always the answer to healing of any sort."

"The past is over and done and cannot be changed. This is the only moment we can experience."

"Your mind is a tool you can choose to use any way you wish."

"Be kind to yourself. Begin to love and approve of yourself."

"Know that you are the perfect age. Each year is special and precious, for you shall only live it once. Be comfortable with growing older."

"Your thoughts and beliefs of the past have created this moment, and all the moments up to this moment. What you are now choosing to believe and think and say will create the next moment and the next day and the next month and the next year."

"Self-approval and self-acceptance in the now are the main keys to positive changes in every area of our lives."

"As your understanding of life continues to grow, you can walk upon this planet safe and secure, always moving forward toward your greater good."

"Love who and what you are and what you do."

"Your unique creative talents and abilities are flowing through you and are being expressed in deeply satisfying ways. Your creativity is always in demand."

"You are not a helpless victim of your own thoughts, but rather a master of your own mind."

"Look at the problems in your life. Ask yourself, 'What kind of thoughts am I having that create this?'"

"Begin to recognize prosperity everywhere, and rejoice in it."

"Love is never outside ourselves; love is within us."

"You are the power in your world! You get to have whatever you choose to think!"

"Be ready for love when it does come. Prepare the field and be ready to nourish love. Be loving, and you will be lovable. Be open and receptive to love." 

0 Kudos