cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
lois2

i am proud of you breakinthechains, i am happy my husband don't smoke, we will look back ayear from now and laugh, good luck to all,

0 Kudos
Breakinchains

Embrace the changes that will come with your quit. It makes the whole process much easier. Smile and laugh when the change comes, because it is a good thing.

0 Kudos
jpolczak

I have been smoking for 13 years. My last cigarette was last night. I have been chewing Nicorette today instead of smoking. I am so disappointed in my self. I wish I could just lock my self in a padded room because I think I am not going to make it.

0 Kudos
Breakinchains

Watched the film "A Beautiful Mind" on tape the other day. I was struck by how the main character was able to learn to live with the multiple personalities in his head. Do you remember the scene where he says "you just learn to ignore them, and over time they shut up?" That's how I treated my cravings in the beginning of my quit. Good stuff!

0 Kudos
lois2

i feel good since i quit smoking scears me some times,  we are doing it,

0 Kudos
patty17

HI I just joined your group, Thank you for having me. I don't get on this site to often. I am doing quite well and have been smokefree since Nov.21st! I still have craves every now and then...but not to often. I got hit by one today, but as the time goes by they are alot easier to deal with. I know that my quit is never going to be free from relapse cause A long time ago i had 2 years on a quit and ended up going back to it. I know better now that i have to always protect it. I think in a way that is why i am starting to come back to this site to make sure that never happens again! Thanks again... Patty

0 Kudos
Breakinchains

Hi Patty and Welcome!

As you probably already know, there are several long-term quitters on this site, who can help folks keep their quit. This is a good place to be if you want to stay smoke-free.

0 Kudos
patty17

Thank you!

I am so excited that in one week, it will be 6 months now since i smoked! I am trying to plan something special to do to celebrate. My husband ended up quitting with me and i am so proud of him too!

0 Kudos
Breakinchains

Hi all,

A little reminder. Quitting involves TWO choices. First you decide to quit, next you decide to NEVER GO BACK.

0 Kudos
Breakinchains

"I don't do that anymore."  Your quit starts with these words. EVERY SINGLE TIME you have a craving, say these words, out loud if you can. Once you accept the fact that you do not smoke, you can move forward in your quit and be successful.

0 Kudos