cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
here4help

OH, YES WE CAN!!  3 weeks and 1 1/2 days for me and still tuff enuff!! 

Happy Holidays to you and yours and remember to believe in yourself and continue to dig deep for the strength you need to get past the next urge. OH, YES WE CAN!!

!!BELIEVE!!

0 Kudos
mrsr

Hello all! I quit before and unfortunately went back but I am back here because quiting and staying quit is important to me and I know I can find the support I need. I have set my quit date for Feb. 1st. and I am ready to restart my new life as an ex-smoker!

0 Kudos
lois2

i went back to smoking after 6 mons. i will quit again, good luck to yall

0 Kudos
olivia

Just joined this group! I am using the patch and am on Day 1 of using 21mg. Have tried cold turkey before and made it to 11 days before slipping. Taking my quit seriously this time!

0 Kudos
lois2

good luck Olivia,  i want to be a quitter, i will quit, i know you can not take one puffi know that but i did,smoking is not fun, i will be strong,

0 Kudos
lois2

yes i cani will be a qutter yes I can

0 Kudos

I just joined this group.  I have a lot of friends who don't seem supportive of my decision to quit smoking, so I decided to join some groups to give and receive support!  For now, I am going to go cold turkey and hope it doesn't get too rough!  I am allergic to the patch >.< so if it gets really bad I will try the gum or lozenges! 

0 Kudos
addictwendys

ok i'm new here.  joined last night when I had two cig's left and had been cutting back for 3 days.  I am a recovering addict that has also been diagnosed bi-polar recently....yep crazy as a "sh*t house rat"  Just kidding.  I've wanted to quit...started trying then planning half way into the trying process.  I have a family friend staying at the house who is a bit rough around the edges and rubbing me the wrong way today.  I've had one whole cig today.  My morning started rushing my youngest (12) to the ER with a 104 temp.  She has strep and sick as it is almost wish I did cause I know I can't smoke then.  I've been cooped up and stressed out today and my family friend is about to get an ear ful of nothing more then my nicotene free crazy rantings... 🙂 I am going for one pack.  I will not give up trying but I am not going to jump anyone snowed into the house with me. 

0 Kudos
lois2

yes we can Quit, hang in there

0 Kudos
janice16

Today will be my first day without a cigarette.

0 Kudos