cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies

I am happy for all the people that are trying to quit, and happy for those who have quit. I have been quit for four months now. I think Spring will be helpful to everyone. Please keep in mind, 31 May is No Tobacco World Day, encouraged by the United Nations. I have put up their posters at work. Thank you.
0 Kudos
jen25

With spring in the air (under the cold lol) I am very happy to be an ex-smoker. I think of it kind of like my ex-husband... at one time he controlled me, just life nicotine. Now I've kicked 'em both to the curb!!!! Congrats to everyone who has remained smoke free ( = We all are doing such an amazing job. I'm proud of us!!!
0 Kudos
teresa15

I'm proud of you Jen. Your doing great!
0 Kudos
cherie-upole

Hi everyone-TOMORROW'S MY QUIT DATE-I CAN DO IT WITH GOD'S HELP AND YOURS-THANKS! Sorry I haven't had time to spend on my sites last couple of days because too many things due for school this Tues.
0 Kudos
sheila17

Tomorrow, Monday will be day 3. It's been tough but I just keep telling myself that so am I.
0 Kudos
nicole

Hi all im sorry i havent been on here (this group) in a while. Look at all the new quitters....wonderful. Congrats to all that are doing it!!!!!! Have a happy monday all!!!
0 Kudos
katti

Hi everyone hope all of you doing fine!!! Today is 3 weeks for me!! I have more of a positive attitude now and I feel better. Plus I work out with other nonsmokers
  Everyone trying to quit because of the price hike. Hope they all can. I was even around a smoker outside yesterday and I didn't go nuts. I feel sorry for them because smoking controls them. Like it did mine. Have a great Tuesday!!!!
0 Kudos

Hello, I have not seen lol for a long time, then there is shiz and shiznit?
  lol . The Urban Dictionary is the bomb. Thank you.
  "It's original definition was "Laughing out loud" (also written occasionally as "Lots of Laughs"), used as a brief acronym to denote great amusement in chat conversations.

Now, it is overused to the point where nobody laughs out loud when they say it. In fact, they probably don't even give a s--- about what you just wrote. More accurately, the acronym "lol" should be redefined as "Lack of laughter."

Depending on the chatter, its definition may vary. The list of its meanings includes, but is not limited to:
  1) "I have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this conversation."
  2) "I'm too lazy to read what you just wrote so I'm typing something useless in hopes that you'll think I'm still paying attention."
  3) "Your statement lacks even the vaguest trace of humor but I'll pretend I'm amused."
  4) "This is a pointless acronym I'm sticking in my sentence just because it's become so engraved into my mind that when chatting, I MUST use the meaningless sentence-filler 'lol.'"
0 Kudos
libby

Thank you Mario for that post. I was never exactly sure what lol meant and have never seen a need to use it myself.
0 Kudos
grace3

Good Morning Graphic #129

Good Morning | Forward this picture
  Wishing everyone a great smokefree day. We are doing it......
0 Kudos