cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
cinda-wilson

I have developed a sore throat. I believe it is from the lozenges. But it says to keep taking them. I suppose I will but will not take what they say is required. I am coughing alot as well. Today is day 6 everyone! I never thought I would do it but I am! I am treating myself to dinner tomorrow for my 1 week anniversary.
  I am so happy!
0 Kudos
libby

I don't get all the coughing going on. My cough immediately stopped when I stopped smoking.
0 Kudos
lois2

hang in there every body we are doing Great. give your self a pat on the back.
0 Kudos
cinda-wilson

I am hanging in there with ya lois! Along with everyone else here! We can and will beat this!
  Together we are strong!
0 Kudos
cartel

5DAYS in......wanted 2 give in 2day...whyquit.com changed my mind. Had 2 blog about it. Now i'm ok....plan 2 go 2 bed smoke free 2nite. Good luck 2 u all.
0 Kudos
tracy18

Thanks, Edith! Believe it or not, your encouraging words have helped me stay strong!
0 Kudos
grace3

Congrat's to everyone..We are all hanging it there and keeping our quit strong. Spring time a perfect time to breath in all the fresh air....

Awesome Graphic #16

Awesome | Forward this Picture
0 Kudos
keri3

When I put on my patch I itch like crazy for about 5 minutes. Has this happened to anyone lese? After a while it goes away and I don't even remeber its there but before then...whew does it drive my nuts!!!!
0 Kudos

DAY 1 : It's the first day of spring and my first day as a non-smoker. I am glad I had spent my time and effort to cut back, and cut out several of my most "wanted" cigarettes! Clearin up my sewing and craft room was a wise thing to do as well. I've been keeping my mind and hands busy! I sure wish the weather would be more spring like ... my joints do better with the temps in the 60s, anything below that shortens my walks and hikes. Well ~ I have plenty to do and sugar-free candy and gum, along with the patches (my first patch went on about an hour ago) so I am good to go! ~ My "adopted niece" just had a baby girl yesterday ... if my mood begins to turn ugly or if my spirits drop I will only need to think of them!
0 Kudos
michele2

So happy for you Mary! What a great time to quit! the same time the earth re awakes from a long sleep and starts fresh! You can do this.
0 Kudos