cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
edith2

For six months after I quit, I had to have my window down when I drove. It just felt weird if I had my window rolled up even though I could. It just took time for me to get used to getting through my day without smoking and learning how to enjoy not smoking.
0 Kudos
grace3

GO TO IBSEXXY.COM
IBSEXXY.COM
  Got something to smile about.....50 smoke free days.
0 Kudos
linda53

grace you go girl have a fantastic day congrats on your long time quit
0 Kudos
angela6

Good Morning Everyone!!! Just wanted to drop by and see how everyone is doing. Sorry I've been out of commission for a while but my I'm still working my quit. Hope all of you are doing okay.
0 Kudos
allena

My next step, since I have been smoke free for 6 weeks, is to have my truck detailed inside. I really want to get rid of the stale smoke smell. I know it may cost me a lot, but that is the treat for myself.
0 Kudos
janique

Katheen, I use to have the same problem when I quit smoking because I smoked on the front porch and the back patio. I stopped going out back because it smelled like smoke and it was a trigger for me and the only time I was on the front porch was to check the mail or coming and going just until I was strong enough to handle it again. It doesn't have to be forever just til u are able to be there with out wanting to smoke. u have to learn how to do those things again without smoking. it isn't easy but u can do it. u just have to have faith in urself. I did alot of reading and research on smoking and nicotine and what it does to the body, that I know I will never pick it up ever again!!! WHAT I KNOW NOW KEEPS ME FROM SMOKING !!! Do the research and u might find it too.... REMEMBER SMOKING IS NOT AN OPTION !!!!!!
0 Kudos
elaine10

I also smoked out on the porch. It is side porch, and I don't really have to go out there for anything. I get the mail in the front, and leave by the back door, etc. However, when I find myself wanting to go out to the side porch to have a smoke, I have found for me that it is easier if I actually go out there with my straw pretend cigarette, and inhale deeply sitting where I always smoked. It keeps me from feeling deprived and I get some fresh air and deep breathing, too!
0 Kudos
katheen

Thank you Eline H,and Janique, I do appreachate all your comments on the question this morning and I'll take your suggestion.
0 Kudos
melody-smith

Hey Katheen , thanks for the comment hun iam single mom with special needs son i live alone with him i went out one saturday night and my friend wanted me to smoke a cigrette with her i told her NO! because iam free of smoking and i have no need in doing it ever again so i just wanted to let you know that if someone tries to get you into smoking or somehow just tell them no ! because i was telling her how many days iam free smoking and its not hard to do and thanks so much Have Blessed day!
0 Kudos
linda53

AHHHHHHH just needed to scream ! thanks for listening will take a klonipn now
0 Kudos