cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
Carol6

Hi Edith, hey this looks like a good site. Hows it going? Im still not giving in to
  those cancer causing cigarettes! Nope I dont want to be walking around with
  a breather machine strung around like a purse! So ya' it feels great! But I have
  noticed Ive been eating more stuff! Got to quit that soon too. Is there a patch for controlling eating too much good tasting bad 4 u foods> oh well thats next on the to do list . take it easy Carol Hello to everyone else on this site hope ur all
  not smoking!!
Carol
There is always someone who needs your attention on ex. Let's ensure everyone has someone supporting them.
0 Kudos
michele2

I had to go check how many days....37 smoke free days!!!!

I got the Wii Ski to go with it...I haven't tried that one yet...still doing the Wii fit...I don't have enough time in the day to be on here, clean, take care of kids and play Wii 😞

How old is he? I have 4 & 3 year old boys...the 3 year old has been trouble since he was born and the 4 year old now thinks he is a man...oh what fun!
0 Kudos
a.d.

Ooh, y'all are talking about Wiis? Hey Michelle let me know how the Wii Ski is when you try it. We're thinking about getting that or the snowboarding game. I like the skiing balance games on the Fit.

I am going to do a small workout right now and hopefully work off my McFlurry.
0 Kudos
edith2

I'm so glad you're here A.D. You always have such good things to say.
0 Kudos

Thanks for the invite Edith. I like this site and feel I will get support here. I have been smoke free one month tomorrow. I am very excited about this
0 Kudos
bonnie10

Hi Edith, Got your invite just when I needed it most. Back in September I quit, but failed. Recently, I started my battle again, it's been just over a month since my last cigarette and still going. This time I am determined to make it.
0 Kudos
a.d.

Edith, I do feel like I need to be more active in my quit, and I hope other people can see how much this site has saved my butt. You are one of the quits I look up to.

Patricia, I am just two days ahead of you. That is awesome. You will definitely find support here if you reach for it.

Bonnie, looks like we are quit twins. Fantastic. It's all about changing our thoughts around smoking, I think.
0 Kudos
edith2

Yeah, if I want to keep what I have, I have to give it away. Thank you A.D. Hello Bonnie and Patricia! Congradulations on the time that you have! You know what would be so cool? If we added up all our time for today! Everyone here is so important!
0 Kudos
corina2

Rick, I understand about the success and failure philosophy. But there is one weakness in that general philosophy. The human spirit. There are many people, at different points in their lives, through different situations that have doubted themselves, felt like a failure, maybe even stopped trying for a while; but the human spirit can still rise up above the fear, hurt, frustration and STILL WIN!!! The only thing that makes success impossible? Never even trying in the first place.

I've tried 4 times in the last 2 years. The longest was for 10 days. When I received some ridicule from co-smokers, I'd just keep telling them, "I'll get it right one of these days!", and now I'm on day 33. One of my co-workers is trying to quit now, and another one has apologized for being such a twit. 🙂
0 Kudos
corina2

BTW.......... I didn't know what I wanted to do as an immediate reward for a one month quit.......

I'm going to HAVE to check out a WII!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds too cool!
0 Kudos