cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
dee18

okay ive joined with hesatation i think i can but my mind is telling me i wont im trying to cut down before my quit date the 31st i have tried and failed so many times my family says "yeah weve heard it all before, cigs has been my best friend my rock but i know i have to quit for my health please help and give me advice on how the best way to do this thanks
0 Kudos
michele2

I guess you weren't included in my rant Tony, I can't say for though, being the daughter of satan and all.lol
0 Kudos
michele2

Welcome Dee. You can do this. Even if you have to repeat over and over "I can do this" you can.

Cigarettes are not your friend Dee! They are killers.
0 Kudos
angela6

Welcome Dee, are you quitting cold turkey?
0 Kudos
dee18

HI THANKS FOR KIND WORDS. I AM QUITING COLD TURKEY IVE TRIED HYPNOSIS PATCHES AND CHANTIX BUT COULDNT DO IT. I DID QUIT ABOUT THREE MONTHS AGO FOR THREE WEEKS BUT WAS USING SKOAL BANDITS ABOUT THREE A DAY, I KNOW THEY ARE DISGUSTING, I KNOW I WILL FEEL BETTER BUT THESE NICODEMONS HAVE A BAD HOLD I THINK THEY NEED TO BE EXORCISED OUT OF MY LIFE-LOL- PLEASE TELL ME THERE ARE PEOPLE HERE EVERY DAY I CAN CALL UPON WHEN NEEDED
0 Kudos
michele2

Tony, Tony, Tony, I thought it was just doughnuts, not it's the whole lot of pastries? Put the sweets down!
0 Kudos
michele2

I'm here a lot. Still keeping my mind off of smoking. Any time you need help or get a craving just pop on. I went cold turkey and after the first couple of days, physically started feeling better...now mentally, I am still retraining myself. But every morning I wake up I tell my self I pledge to myself not to smoke today and that I am not a smoker. The people have been great on here. Plus, I don't want to go through those first few days EVER again. I have control of my life!
0 Kudos
sheryl

hey dee! i quit cold turkey and sometimes you have to take it a second or a minute at a time. but you can do it.... i smoked 33 years. on day 70 something now.
0 Kudos
sheryl

morning all!
0 Kudos
sheryl

hey tony, i've got a 2 layer triple chocolate cake here and it ROCKS more than you do! c'mon over and have some.
0 Kudos