cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
carrie8

It's so refreshing to read all your guy's supporting words on here. All I have to do is come on here, and my cravings vanish. It's such a relief. You all are awesome!

I'm a little scared today.....it's my first official week. I feel great, and am not having too many cravings. But it's kinda the point of no return for me. I'm way more scared of relapsing now. Plus, (I know this sounds weird) I think I'm in mourning over losing the smokes. It's kinda like I lost a friend. Any-who, just felt like I needed to vent a little. Take care all!
0 Kudos
corina2

It took me almost 2 months, and I never could decide a "quit date". But then, it came. Just talking to others, reading their stories, and relating to successes and failures, gave me the strength to keep dreaming about quitting. I'm only on my second day, but it's a start. It hasn't been too bad but I know the worse is to come. I know I can be so very weak, but I force myself to look at how strong I am in so very many other areas in my life. I have to catch myself because I don't like to lose, and if I do, I beat myself up pretty bad. I'm scared to death but have made it two days. Small baby steps I guess.

Have a WONDERFUL week!
0 Kudos
cindy16

Austalia how nice.Only place I'm going is Florida.
  Hey lucky my husband is still working good and getting some OT.He works at Ford so who knows about the future of the auto compnaies.
0 Kudos
michele2

I would love to plan a trip to Ireland....I think that in a few years (to give the kids a little more time to grow up) I would have more than enough to have a great trip!
0 Kudos
cindy16

Carrie do not feel like you lost a friend. You conquered the enemy is a better way to look at it.
  Napper love the name. Remember you are healing right now.Your body must need rest.
  Corina dod not feel scared. You are embarking on a new adventure.
0 Kudos
nicole

good morning all! One week ago today I gave up smoking! Yay I'm doing it. I understand the feeling of fear of relapse.
0 Kudos
michele2

I have 6 and 1/2 more hours and I will have hit my one week mark....I didn't think I would get this far when I started a week ago, but I did, and it feels GREAT!
0 Kudos
angela6

Good Morning Everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend. 11 days smokefree, yeah!!!!
0 Kudos
nicole

I agree, I NEVER noticed about bad cig smell is.....my roommate smokes (outside lol nonsmoking house) when he comes in im like god...gross...and i start spraying the hell outta the house w febreeze lol.... now i know y my husband always yelled at me lol. its an awful smell
0 Kudos
marci3

I fear that walking by someone smoking and breathing very deep may not ever go away...I still do that sometimes...

Everyone's kicking aZZ and taking names!! I'm loving it!! Boy you were all busy over the weekend...I will try and catch up on the gossip, but for now...taxes, taxes....UGH!!

Pam...Vacation...You are fixin to get the crap slapped outa you!! Trust me...it was NO VACATION you ding dong!!
0 Kudos