cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
cindy16

Its 24 hrs to Daytona for us. Not sure if closer or farther to St Petersburg. I live in Michigan. I really need the break. Had a bit of sress last couple yrs. Two of my kids had heart surgery last year. This year is our year. They would love to go.
0 Kudos
nicole

GOOD JOB MATT! congrats to you and your gf. Ive been hacking up a lot of gross crap....TMI sorry. I got a really bad sore throat about two days after quitting but it went away 2 days later. After i researched it a little and read some posts in here realized it was normal and that there will be other gross (but healthy) changes. Keep up your good work!
0 Kudos
nicole

OH sorry to hear about your children that is awful. How old are they? My boys are 6 and 3 and they love to go down there and go to beach with their nana. Its also very good therapy! Good for the soul! lol they always wear me out when we go to the amusement parks...p.s. if you plan to go to the amusement parks it was always cheaper for us to order them online before we went! You can get like 3 park passes for bush gardens, sea world, and another one (i forget which one) for a decent price that way.
0 Kudos
carrie8

I'm in the same boat as Matt. 6th day-cold turkey. It's been grand so far, but there are some moments, for sure! I just try to stay positive and remember why I wanna do this (12 hr flight to India this fall-definitely a big why)!

I just joined this group, and you all seem very supportive. Ya'll are great!
0 Kudos
cindy16

Nicole Yes Dr said normal to get sick. I have respitiory infection now. My kids are 24,23,18 and 10. They had Aortic Valve Replacement 23 and 18 year old. They are doing awesome.I would order on line but want to do mostly relaxing. Tiki bars and beach lol.
0 Kudos
nicole

lol. I dont do much drinking when down there. (dont get me wrong i love to drink, just not when taking care of boys). I'm sure when they get older and can do things by themselves I will be relaxing at tiki bars and beach lol.
0 Kudos
carrie8

Thanks Julie, for the welcome. Great job on your 2 week mark!!! Woohoo for you! That must feel great 🙂 My significant other smokes, also. But luckily I find the smell actually grosses me out, than it makes me want to smoke. And now I'm starting to notice the smell on my stuff which I didn't before. Ewwww, so gross! I'm gonna have to scrub my car seats to get the smell out 😞
0 Kudos
michele2

Julie, I am horrible at laughing at people falling ( I do laugh at myself too) We went with my in laws to a hotel once and my Mother in law misjudged the hot tob sent and dunked herself in one swift swoosh....I couldn't stop from laughing, well, I paused to make sure she was OK.

I must say I have only ever quit cold turkey, and I would say the side affects go away faster, it's still just the mental urge that gets me now and again. After being on this site though, I am really going to try and make Never Take Another Puff my goal.

I've made it 5 days cold turkey, and today was a tough one. Luckily my hubby is being very supportive, of the I can't make myself motivated to do anything....At least when I do, it will give me something to do for a LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGG time to keep a smoke out of my hand!
0 Kudos
nicole

i am awful at laughing. I do not cry (lately i have been) ive always thought crying was a sign of weakness.....so i tend to laugh in the most of inappropriate times. I laugh when im nervous and god forbid someone ever get hit by a car in front of me cause during the movie meet joe black when he got hit by the cab then the bus i lost it. I have a cousin who is the same way as i am and her and i are always getting into trouble when were together because we are always laughing at dumb stuff and wrong times. Laughing is our defense mechanism which is awful cause when you laugh at people when theyre mad kinda has a tendency to tick them off even more. just weirdos we are lol.
0 Kudos
nicole

I also need to shampoo my car out.......i was noticing how awful it was when i was in it the other day. Its just been too cold that if i do it right now, my upholstery will freeze lol. Need to get it all cleaned out anyway for the trade-in in 5 months and 26 days.....WOO HOO!
0 Kudos