cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
dedebum

Happy smoke-free day everyone. Thank you all for your well wishes on my 30 day milestone. I'm wishing you all the best. You can all do it YES YOU CAN. You cannot believe how bad I have wanted a cig today. I hardly ever have cravings. It's just the cig demon screwing with my head. lol.
0 Kudos
anna21

I am here....Doing my best. I am trying to take it one second at a time. I was never a big smoker but quiting is no easier. I just want to eat all the time now grrrrrrrrrr....at my age you have to take care of all the body,mind,soul... Well thanks for letting me rattle on till I get use to this..
0 Kudos
sue3

Hi,

I am brand new to this site. I am 48 years old and have been smoking since I was twelve. I have 2 relatively young daughters (9 and 12) that I would like to be around a long time for. My own mother died 6 years ago from emphazema and lung cancer. I remember feeling so sad that cigarettes were the cause and knew even then that I needed to quit or I will follow the same path. I have been trying to quit since 2001. I have tried hypnosis, laser, the patch (which probably is the easiest way but burns my skin), Chantix (makes me sick), Zyban, inhalers and gum. I used to be a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker but am down to between 12-18 cigs (mainly due to whatever stop smoking aid I am on). I have read "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking", by Allen Carr many times. My husband smokes a little over a pack and really has no desire to quit. I smoked my last cigarette in my pack a few minutes ago so right now I don't have a pack of cigarettes on me but I know he has a carton in his car. We only smoke in the garage and outside. I hate that I smoke. I hate that I tell my kids to wait a minute so I can go and have a smoke. I hate that they hate it and are embarassed by it. I hate the way my coat smells. I hate the cost of smoking both monetarily and what I know it is doing to my health. And yet, I continue to smoke. I lay down every night and pray that I will stop smoking but it is the very first thing I do in the morning. Ugh!!!!! I know millions of people have been successful in quiting and I want to be one of them. I did quit once for 2-3 months back in 2001. I was so sure I would never smoke again and then I did and now I do. Whatever advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Just typing this has helped. Thanks!
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Sue, I quit 44 days ago. I have tried to quit many times before. I used the patch, chantix and was unsuccessful. It was not the products it was my mind. This time my mind set was diffrent. I started taking chantix for about 3 weeks before I quit. I changed habits prior. Just did not want a cigarette anymore so I quit. I guess the chantix really kicked in by then. It has been 44 days and I consider myself a nonsmoker. I have had very few cravings. My husband still smokes. It is my quit. My last quits I thought we wouuld quit together. Not this time it is my quit only.I think your mind has to be in the right place to quit. Nicotine replacement and medicine is helpful. Your mind is what is going to make you a successful quitter. Good luck. We are here for you anytime.Cindy
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Everyone, I tried the atkins once too. I know it is not suppose to be good if on too long. Plus I heard once off you gain your weight back. who knows. Every diet has the good and bad side. I'm still struggling trying to put pics on my page. I have tried and tried. Will not go. Keeps saying error. I guess I will keep trying.
0 Kudos
dedebum

Good Morning all...Happy smoke-free day
0 Kudos
mrs.-x

Hey all!! Totally bummed out!!! My stupid jog blocked this website at work so now I'm forced to find other stuff to do while I'm bored as hell and craving a smoke... well, I'm back from Chicago... gotta be honest, I had 3 drags of one cigarette but then caught myself and threw it away... I'm not gonna count that if that's okay with all of you haha... well, not really one to be online too often when I'm not at work but I'm still here... day 16... missed ya!!
0 Kudos
cindy16

I love chips and those Taco bell nachos. They have new nachos Loaded nachos. The best, I have taco bell after bowling.
  Going to try to load those stupid pics. Just won't work. I was on another site about a year ago and it worked on that site.I downloaded on photobucket but won't load on this site.
0 Kudos
edith2

I'm sorry, but I have to say something. For me, I have to be honest about the amount of time I have with my quit. I could not say I have over 4 years of being a non-smoker if I took a puff now and then. No one would know I did, but I couldn't ignore it. I can't live in my own skin and give anyone suggestions if I'm not being honest. If I smoked, I would have to change my quit date to be fair to myself and others. I am as sick as my secrets. I cannot even flirt with the notion of smoking. I don't hold or handle cigarettes because I know my addiction is still alive and well. I choose not to be active in my addiction today.
0 Kudos
cindy16

I have quit many times and failed .This time day 45 and no slip ups and no desire. But I think it is up to each individual as to what counts as a need to re-set counter.
0 Kudos