cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
mrs.-x

lol... I just thought it was a joke b/c you mentioned that Kristen made you laugh and then asked the question haha... sorry about that... usually the price changes with the amount of memory it has... it depends how much music your 8 year old has on the computer and how much music they want to carry around with them... I think mine is 16 Gig but it holds like 9000 songs so it's absolutely ridiculous to have one wit that much memory... usually a good starter is 4-6 gig if that keeps it in your price range but if your kid loves music and has been up to it for a while they might already have 9000 songs lol... these kids make me feel like an old timer and i'm only 28!!.
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Everyone. Hey Brenda a treadmill how great. I love to walk outside but not in the winter. I want Wii Fit for Christmas. Go Us!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
mrs.-x

LOL... ashamed but yes... what a great way to feel laura!.. I'm having a pretty darn good day too... listening to Dave Matthews and working with plenty of welcome distractions just thinking that it's almost noon and I haven't craved once since my walk over here... Wii Fit looks like it's a lot of fun... it's got a cool yoga thing that comes with it.
0 Kudos
peter-baker

Hey everyone! I just joined "Yes I Can" because I have. Today is day 3 smoke free and I am just astounded how much better I feel in such a short period of time.
0 Kudos
mrs.-x

Nice to meet you too Laura!! ... Jjust had a nice long lunch in doors and out of the cold and rain... sure glad I'm not a smoker today... welcome to the group Peter... I think you're gonna like it here!!
0 Kudos
mrs.-x

awww... don't know you well enough to know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'm feeling bad... I won't pick on you my fellow long islander... I've got a half hour left of work and I can't wait to get out of here...
0 Kudos
mrs.-x

Excellent... feeling much better! K... a serious note quickly (sorry haha)... a little worried b/c I've got my company christmas party coming and there will be alcohol involved... there's no peer pressure to drink but people will definitely notice if I'm not drinking (not that I have a reputation or anthing hahaha)... and to be totally honest, I'd like to have a couple because I'll be meeting lots of new faces and do feel the need to loosen up a bit... part of the problem is my favorite manager is a smoker and I've been known to sneak outside with him while I was a smoker to hang and get away from the booze for a second... feeling a bit crazy but how am I gonna make it through this without smoking... I know I won't be able to just go out for fresh air (we've all got limits)... I'm feeling crazy and maybe I'm just trying to anticipate a difficulty before it hits so i can stay strong but in all actuality, I'm almost craving that just one before I even get to chicago... rambling but felt the need to get it out b/c DH WILL NOT get that and... errrrrr... day 10... day 10... must protect my quit!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
mrs.-x

lol... picturing me in a bar, getting my drink on, with a lap top, telling my new managers and coworkers that I'll be right back b/c I've gotta jump on a site to help me quit smoking because I'm jonesing... funny image that was pretty unprovoked (I do that to myself sometimes)... Seriously though, thank you for the encouragement Tony.... I WILL MAKE IT TO DAY 11 AND DAY 12, ETC, ETC... I really do love this group... made me feel like a part of it right away... I won't give up my day 10 and new friends by becoming a smoker again... how stupid will that be.... I CAN DO THIS... YES I CAN!!!! hahaa... leaving work... yay!!! pretty sure I'll be checking in later for some more encouragement fix and don't worry friends, I'll be taking EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU to chicago with me
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi everyone. Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing?
0 Kudos
cindy16

Tony Chicago is the best.My husband and I go every year. We go with another couple no kids. If you go you have to see the "Blue Man Group" and eat at Ginos. Michigan ave is awesome. You have never had pizza till you have Chicago Pizza . Bars are open till 4 and 5 am. Depends on license they purchase. I went to my first jazz bar there, it was alot of fun. Can you tell I love Chicago?
0 Kudos