cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies

Today is day 4 and I am feeling good about going ahead with quitting. The pains in my chest are not as bad as they were. right now I am using nicorette gum
0 Kudos
miles

I am thankful this Thanksgiving for the absense of nicotine, the smell of things I never knew, the smile on my grandbaby's face. This is the first of many holidays that I will have a better time with.
0 Kudos
miles

My wife used them for 3 weeks when she quit a year and a half ago. They worked good for her, I tried back then to quit with her. Commit burned my throat, and I couldn't take it and ended up smoking again.......JUST ANOTHER EXCUSE........not anymore. I am not using any nicotine and I have weened myself off Wellbutrin as well. The thing is, there is no right way to quit except to just DON'T SMOKE PERIOD.
0 Kudos
edith2

Hey Tony, I did the Commit Lozenges and they worked for me. I used them for about 5 weeks and have not gone back to smoking since July 17,2004.
0 Kudos
christine16

thanks guys for the info about nrt....i do like the gum so i think i'll stick with it for now especially since this is my only quit using nrt - maybe this will be the LAST ONE! it will be hard with the holiday coming up but i also think avoiding alcohol is a good idea for a while!
0 Kudos
ctm

Good Luck Sherri!!!
0 Kudos
christine16

good luck sherri!!!!!
0 Kudos
ctm

Hey Lisa.

I like NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!!!
0 Kudos
mollie

Hi all, hows it going.Julie I think it is a mind thing too. I am not having a craving but my mind tells me that I want one
0 Kudos
christina21

I am new to this site and hope it will help me to stay smoke free!! I'm on day 4 without a puff. While I want to really bad at times I am able to refrain for now. I do find myself yellin at the kids more and feeling very bad that I cannot control it better. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos