cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
shannon3

Thanks Brenda for the greeting!! Bottom line is " I'm just NOT smoking!!" YOU GO GURL!!!!
0 Kudos
shannon3

I 100% agree with you Michael, if we could understand why we keep going back it would be much easier to stay stopped!
0 Kudos
shannon3

Go ahead and yell all you want, Tony, I'll scream alongside ya!
0 Kudos

yes i can and yes i did im not a smoker but a chewer that was told about this site i checked it out and now ive bein tobacco free for one month and im glad to here about every one elses fourtians keep it up every body
0 Kudos
christine16

i don't have much to say at the moment except i'm so happy everyone is writing in and sharing their experiences..thank you! i am just taking it hour by hour over here.....on day 5 yay!!!! i really hope to keep this momentum.....

bob, i read the same thing and got all worried about using the gum...anyone have any insight on going cold turkey or doing nrt? it seems that this is working for me using the gum and i am using it reallly sparingly. what are the pros and cons?
0 Kudos
rose-green

Yeah i was too so thanks for the info.
0 Kudos
rose-green

My new quit date is nov 29th however i went from 60 smokes a day too 25 yeah
0 Kudos
rose-green

good job ladies
0 Kudos
edith2

That's awesome Rose! You're going to be a non-smoker before you know it!
0 Kudos
bob6

Hey All

I was just reading on WhyQuit.com that the best way to quit os cold turkey without any NRT, i.e. gum, patches, as this only prolongs the nicotine addiction and withdrawal. Should I rip my patch off?
0 Kudos